Dull ache in left testicle that radiates down my left leg and left lower-back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I've been experiencing a dull aching pain in my left testicle for a couple of days now. I'm 19 years old. It actually started last week, but then subsided completely and has recently returned. The pain tends to radiate down the entirety of my left leg, sometimes even reaching my foot, as well as my lower-back. There is also just a general aching in my groin area.

I have tried to examine myself multiple times, and from what I can see there is some redness towards the bottom of the testicle but it is very hard to see without a light being shined directly on it. Also the left one looks bigger than the right, though not significantly (I know it is normal for one to be a little bigger than the other). The thing that intrigues me the most is how the left one is significantly more vascular than the right one, the veins appearing significantly larger and are bulging outwards. There is no pain caused by me directly touching anything, though there is a general tender feeling there.

I told my mom the first time (she's a nurse), and as a result we went to the emergency room. However due to the pain subsiding and the hospital having an absurdly long wait, we eventually decided to go home. As stated earlier, the pain then subsided for a week but has recently returned. I'm not too sure if it is torsion because I feel like I would be in much greater pain, and you generally need to get that sorted out quick via surgery or else you could lose a testicle - and yet here I am a week later with both of them.

The pain doesn't seem to significantly subside when I take Advil/Ibuprofen, and the intensity returns to normal levels when that wears off.

At this point I need a second opinion.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi mike

you need to take a visit your Doctors

it could be a number of things causing your pains.

Rgrds john

• Posted

The pain radiation down the leg symptoms are not overly common but can happen. It sounds like you strained that region which could include sciatica and some partial torsion.

if you've been having ant type of intercourse you should get checked for bacterial epididymitis to rule out any STD's.

There is such a thing as non-infective epiditimytis which can be chemically based issue and in many other cases what they call idiopathic, re: meaning there is no known cause.

If your pain persists more than 2 weeks, you really need to see a Urologist so they can do an ultrasound and a urinanalysis to rule out anything serious.

• Posted

One other thing in regards to the larger veins observed - that sounds like something called a Varicocele - essentially varicose veins in the scrotal region. Typically there is no treatment for this other than surgical options with mixed results.

One major factor is a common correlation between varicoceles and fertility concerns for which the urologist can easily have that tested via semen analysis. If I were you, I would see a Urologist and the lead time cannot be worse than where I am, re: 8-12 weeks so if you can schedule inside of that, do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.