dull ache pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been suffering with aches and pressure in my left side. Like people have mentioned it feels like something is there that shouldnt be. Ive sufferd with constipation for years, i had a camera and ultrasound last year for the constipation and bloating but all came back fine.. i am really worried about the pressure in left side as its been on and off for months. It seems worse at night when in bed but dont know if its because my mind is working overtime. I have changed my pill to dianette. Not sure if this could have an effect. But like others ive been thinking the worst.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Leigh:  As you've had a couple of procedures and nothing was found, it's possible (though I'm certainly not medically qualified) that your diet may be at fault.  Have you been advised to drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruit and fibre.  I had two colonoscopies last year and nothing was found, apart from a polyp.  After the first one the diagnosis was constipation (which was nonsense as I do eat a lot of fruit) and my bowel prep was poor.  Have you been referred back to your GP?  It could be something like diverticulitis, colitis or IBS.  Your GP could refer you to a gasteriologist (not sure if that's spelt correctly).  Let us know what you decide.

• Posted

I havent been back since the colonscopy as he said i had a very healthy bowel. My diet could be better i will admit. The pressure pains concerned me,on and off for about 3 months. My bowel habits changed and i seem to go more regular but the stools are fairly soft. Although i did have a colonic irrigation to see if this would help. I will see how i go over next few weeks with better diet and exercise and take it from there.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.