Dull Pain and Pressure Only in Right Side of Head, Any Explanations?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey there, for about 2 months now I've been dealing with this random pressure inside of the right side of my head, it came from out of nowhere.

I have generalised anxiety and OCD thoughts, and have had this for about 4 years now, and that causes me to severely overthink things daily. 

I have been treated and have medication for my anxiety which seems to relax me well before bed and I recognise that before I fall asleep the pressure and headache in my head is almost gone on most nights.

My anxiety fear is that I have a brain tumor, an aneurysm, a hemmorage or whatever severe thing I can think of (even as I'm writing those things I felt an instant pain in my head).

I've been to the doctors, but he was quite rude and refused to let me get an MRI because there was apparently no physical evidence to prove I have pain in my head and it's all delusions. 

The symptoms I have been experiencing have been:

Pressure in my head that has progressively gotten worse the more I have worried about it over the past 2 months.

Dull pain in top right side of head that even hurts when I touch my head.

Feeling fearful and worrying whenever I think about it which leads to it getting worse over the day.

Constantly checking the internet to see what my symptoms relate to and praying it's not to anything severe.

One thing I will note is that I had a concussion back in January this year that I never treated or anything, and the spot where it's hurting now is the place I hit my head on, so my fear is that it is related to that, however the doctor said that the symptoms would have occured sooner if it was related to that injury.

I greatly appreciate any information anyone can give me on this subject and how I can stop worrying about it smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh and also some nights I have sudden muscle spasms before I fall asleep, however the doctor checked my movements and they were all fine.
    • Posted

Hi their,

Well you certainly have a lot of symptoms and so without doubt you need an MRI.

I understand you have already been refused one, but you have to find a dr to take notice of you.  If not and the symptoms get bad enough, then present yourself at emergency and see what they say.

Find another dr who is more sympathetic and understanding for sure.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sorry I am not much more help, but without a proper diagnosis its not that easy.  An MRI is a must to rule out anything sinister

• Posted

Thank you for your response!

I will certainly let you know what happens smile

I appreciate the help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.