Dull Skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a bit of a weird one that I never really noticed much so I've had it forever and not really thought much of it until now.

I am a white male and when I was a kid I had really white skin and would have those "rosey cheeks" etc.

Now My skin is really dull and I don't know what happend.

My face especially is really dull and a bit yellowish.

My arms and everywhere are the same.

So I looked into it a little and my diet was terrible and I hardly ate vegetables.

I hardly ever drink alcohol, when I was younger around 18 to 21 I would go out a drink on occasion but I never really liked drinking and didn't go too often.

I would say a few times per year I'd have the odd drink.

I've never smoked.

Can my skin tone be fixed?

I'm taking vitamins now.

If it can be fixed what should I take to fix it as fast as possible, from real food and vitamins.

I drink gallons of water and have for years (maybe 6)

I drink Water, Tea and Hot Chocolate (on occasion) only.

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't really know what your asking.. If you were born with white skin you will have white skin and there's all types of white skin. Mine has a yellowish tint I would say-- I don't mind it. You drink a lot of water which is excellent! Vitamins/supplements are important too. And research what your eating for your body and skin. This is where healthy skin begins!! What you may need is some products for your skin. perhaps a good cleanser and moisturizer, perhaps something to brighten dull skin. I would start with that and see if you notice a difference. I don't go often but sometimes I schedule a facial for the experience and to see what they say about my skin. They usually offer products but not obligated to purchase.

• Posted

Thank for the reply.

My skin is still white but it's really dull and unattractive, everyone in my family has bright skin.

I read people with a vitamin B-12 deficiency can get yellow skin.

I've had this for a long time and wanted to know if It can be reversed by eating healthy and taking vitamins and doing any suggestions people have.

I will try your suggestions, I do moisturise my skin after shaving.

• Posted

I don't really know what your asking.. If you were born with white skin you will have white skin and there's all types of white skin. Mine has a yellowish tint I would say-- I don't mind it. You drink a lot of water which is excellent! Vitamins/supplements are important too. And research what your eating for your body and skin. This is where healthy skin begins!! What you may need is some products for your skin. perhaps a good cleanser and moisturizer, perhaps something to brighten dull skin. I would start with that and see if you notice a difference. I don't go often but sometimes I schedule a facial for the experience and to see what they say about my skin. They usually offer products but not obligated to purchase.

• Posted

its really important to cut out processed foods from your diet, and fizzy dinks. iI have had great success with the keto diet - my skin is much improved. And check out the Baiden mitten - the greatest tool for glowing skin ever! There are plenty reviews online and on Youtube. Worth every penny!

• Posted

I have dabbled on the keto diet--- BUT for some reason I can't stick with it.. After a few days I want to cave in to some carbs or even a pop. How did you power thru the first few weeks?

• Posted

When I felt hungry I just ate eggs / meat. The first few days are the worst and then it got better quickly. I now feel so satiated from my diet that I often go to lunch time without eating. I would highly recommend the Youtube channel Health Coach Kait - she gives great recommendations for keto meals and diet plan.

• Posted

Thank you, I will look into this.

I am trying to cut out processed foods and trying to eat vegetables and fruits everyday.

Thanks for your input.

• Posted

i went from vegan to keto; and i was eating TONS of raw fruit and veg as a vegan. My skin was dry and rough and I got really ill with Adrenal Fatigue. I am now eating plenty of grass fed, organic meat and high quality fat like raw butter, cream and raw milk. I am convinced that we need a substantial amount of good quality animal products in our diet. I look 10 years younger since quitting vegan - so while fruit and veg play their part in the diet ; dont buy into the hype that we should eat less meat and animal products. Health Coach Kate on Youtube has great videos on keto and high carnivore diets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.