Dull testicle pain for the past 2 days, is torsion a possibility?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past few days, I've been feeling an on and off dull ache in my right testicle. I have pretty sever hypochondria, so my first thought is always the worst possible: torsion in this case. I went to see a doctor today, and she said it felt fine, but noticed that I was having more pain around the epididymis area, and prescribed antibiotics. She was, however, very vague as to what it could be, and my hypochondria will not let me relax about this issue. I am able to sleep, eat, and urinate without pain. I have no discharge and my scrotum looks fine. I am, however, unable to perform the test that causes a testicle to rise up, but I am told that it is hard to perform this test on oneself. I read up on epididymitis, but note that, while I am sexually active, it is only with one person that is clean, so the possibility of infection through and STI is unlikely. Of course, none of this have alleviated and fear and anxiety that I have been having, and I really just need to know what's going on. Is torsion a possibility, even if I've been feeling this dull ache for a couple of days now? I am very scared that it will get worse, though it shows no signs of escalating, and I would really love some advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could simply be slight infection which has made the am epididymus tender.

If it was a torsion you'd be writhing in agony so you can rest easy on that.

You can't really control the hypochondria I appreciate that but you can make life far easier for yourself by not using Google as a diagnosis aid, I know it's so tempting to just throw in symptoms but the results anyone gets are without both context and experience. So for peace of mind, as far as is possible for you, don't use the net to research.

But yes more than likely just a slight infection, it's also possible you've given the testicle the lightest of knocks, not even enough to make you go ouch at the time

Take care

• Posted

The other post is right. DONT LOOK ONLINE FOR AN ANSWER!! It just freaks you out more and if you have anxiety like me, it will make your simptoms worse and last longer. Sorry i cant help with an answer to your symptoms... i might have the same thing going on. I just posted about my symptoms
  • Posted

To add to my other post. I have the exact same thing going on. Only been with 1 fimale my whole life, im 21 and shes 20. She was recently tested for all stds abd came back clean. You can read my post. Its called NOT PAIN but a random ache in right nut... sounds same as yours
  • Posted

Hello, im wondering if you have a diagnosis yet. Ive been to the docs twice now and they say im fine. Everything came back clean in both urine test. Im going on 3 weeks with these symptoms. Please share if you find anything out. But as far as the docs are saying... there is nothing wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.