Duloxetine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just an update people on duloxetine. I have tried this for 4-6 weeks but I can't take it anymore. I was very very sleepy at work, they kept me awake at night, felt sickly and it only took the edge off the pain so I would rather deal with the pain than go through all that. Any one else felt the same?

Aabb

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps it did not suit you as this often happens . What suits one may not suit another. My advice would be to try something else. I found Lyrica good & was able to come off it without unpleasant effects. I now take Diclofenic an anti inflammatory. but it is rough on the stomach so I use it sparingly. I do hope you find suitable treatment for your pain aabb

Karry

• Posted

Has the doctor offered you a gastro protective med to protect your stomach? My doctor gave me lansoprazol because I take Naproxen, also an anti-inflammatory. I take it once on the morning 30-60mins before food and so far I've had no problems, even though I take it twice a day every day. Just a thought.

• Posted

Thanks for your feed back. I will see how I get on again for a while without meds.

Aabb

• Posted

Hi, please research this drug. On another website for Fibromyalgia sufferers, someone posted a WARNING re: Duloxetine and a drug called Cymbalta. It seems there is a CLASS ACTION SUIT against the makers of these drugs in the USA. A class action suit means it is SERIOUS.

I do not know anything other than we were warned NOT TO TAKE THESE DRUGS.

I wrote the names down about a week ago, and then you posted about Duloxetine.

Take Care!

xxx

• Posted

my Psychiatrist said that Duloxetine was the new drug for Fibromyalgia,I was given it for anxiety wish I had never taken it, it has certainly made my Fibromyalgia much worse, and done nothing for my anxiety, he said I had not given it enough time, but I think you know when a drug is wrong for you
  • Posted

I have been taking Duluxetine for 4 weeks and it has made my Fibromyalgia worse

besides the tiredness and the decreased appetite, nausea, I  have tried several

Antidepressants already and feel ready to give up on them the side effects are horrible. 

• Posted

duloxetine is far better than Tricyclic antidepressant. The side effects are minimal.

It is completely safe to take. I currently take 20ml at night and feel it works much better than taking it in the morning. There is no magic pill. I also take buprenorphine aswell as pregablin x 300 and i still get pain in my chest due to FIBROSITIS.

There will be side effects with all tablets. its just a case of finding what suits you best taking into account the tablets have to be strong to deal with this type of pain.

Richard

• Posted

I am taking 30mg od Duloxetin for Gad and after 5weeks it is not showing any signs of improving my anxiety, so am having to take Lorazepam to take the edge off the anxiety. After taking the first capsule my Fibromyalgia flared up and has been really bad since then, it is very disheartening when no improvements appear after 5weeks. Wish I had never started them. I have already taken 2 SSRI's and now an SNRI 

how many more.

Patricia

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I dont get a massive benefit from them either but there the lesser of 2 evils IMO. What i found to be the best is Nitrazepam or Diazepam but not many doctors will presribe Benzodiazepine because there so addictive but hey if it gets rid of my GAD and fibro i dont care how addictive they are. It seems the best tablets are the most addictive ones its a double edged sword. Damed if you do damed if you dont.

Richard 

• Posted

Just taken my Duloxetine for the day, felling very anxiety today I am attending a Stop and Think Group, first one, first of seven, hope.it does me some good, still waiting for BCT.

i hope to see the Psychiatrist to discuss this Duloxetine and how I feel on it

was hoping to feel a little better by now. just feeling  I am getting nowhere.

really need someone to talk to today

Patricia

• Posted

At first it worked miraculously for the fibro pain. I even entertained the fantasy that I could eventually function somewhat like I use to. I started at the lowest dose and when that began not working anymore, the dosage was  increased to the next level. Even tho the new dosage started to loose effectiveness, I decided to not increase for as long as I possibly could because when you the maximum dose looses effectiveness, there is no where to go. 

But then I lost insurance coverage and had to stop entirely. Today is about the sixth day without it and the withdrawals are getting worse and worse. First just the Fibro pain began increasing and I was determined to learn how to manage the pain without drugs. Now it's both. I think the withdrawal symptoms are even worse than the fibro agony. Crying jags. Short temper, even rage. Sometimes I find myself sitting and staring and don't know how much time has passed. Pacing at night and unable to sleep or even get comfortable because I'm ice cold and sweating at the same time. IS that the fibro or withdrawals...or both. Maybe the withdrawals amplify and mimic the  Fibro symptoms. The depression, of course, is terrible. I have to keep telling myself that it's not real. That my brain chemistry is out of whack. How long will this go on? I'm scared. I can't live like this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.