Duloxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Experiences of taking this for pain

How long for side effects to go away

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not taking for pain, taking for anxiety, but will speak briefly on side-effects. Taking 60mg/ day, about 2 months now.

I feel no sense of dependence as I would with narcotics so that's a plus, but I know effects can be uncomfortable if you quit cold turkey. Make sure you work with DR to taper off. I was warned by a friend of major sexual side effects (not able to get it up). I've not yet experienced this. Maybe a drop in libido. I went through about a week of just Wierd & Vivid dreams, typically kind of nightmarish. This has passed. I still find that I have trouble sleeping all night. Taking half dose of benedryl helps this, but I didn't run that by dr. Also experienced some tremors w/o anxiety for about a week in the first month. That also passed. I could tell when the positive effects kicked in and as far as side effects I think it's well worth it. In short, some side effects in first month but minimizes after that. At this time I don't notice any accept maybe a vivid dream or an occasional hard night sleeping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.