Duloxetine and cold feet

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctor prescribed 60 mg duloxetine once a day for nerve pain in my foot. I have never had cold feet before and after 1st day of taking it my feet cannot get warm. It is more than annoying, it keeps me awake. I also take Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day and Tramadol 50mg 3 times a day. I have taken the tramadol for 11 years and the Gabapentin for 1 year. This is week 4 of the duloxetine, my foot does feel a lot better just freezing. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I was also given dulatene it made me so I'll I felt like iwas In a coma rises star it was awful after three days I couldn't do anything I stopped taking them

• Posted

I certainly hope it doesn't make me an illiterate....how long were you on it till that happened?

• Posted

Been on it since October 2016 started at 30 mg and was upped to 60 mg January 2017 - it does nothing for the pain or discomfort I'm in other that that not really ahd much of a side effect that has been a worry. 

• Posted

Hi,

yes, Dulox can give you a cold feeling and cold sweats too.

When i first took it I couldn't sleep for a few days but then that suddenly switched

and it made me so tired I had to stop taking it. Impossible to function.

• Posted

Yes, it gave me cold feet and sweats also for the 1st two to three weeks I was almost narcoleptic, falling asleep all the time. But now after a few months on the 60 mg I don't have any of those symptoms. It really has not fixed my nerve problem in my foot but I can say I feel less depressed, I think it has helped with that. So Dr. said that is was a sucess for that purpose. I think the Gabapentin worked much better, it got rid of all the small aches and pains all over that I was having, it did not fix the foot problem but helped it to not bother me as much. At least now I can sleep better at night...although I just have a problem getting to sleep but once I do, I sleep through the night. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.