Duloxetine and dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Duloxetine 40mg for about 6 months now. I have always been given Cymbalta and have had no real side effects. However in the last couple of days I have been taking the yentreve which I belive to be the same as Cymbalta. However since taking the yentreve I have had serious dizziness... Any possible reason for this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ross, I just did a quick Google and Yentreve is Duloxetine so the dizziness could from doubling up on your medication.  I'll be getting straight onto your GP and question this.  I hope it gets resolved, good luck.
    • Posted

thanks for the reply. I'm not doubling up on the Duloxetine, I just went to a different chemist as was givin yentreve which I know Duloxetine. I just wondered if yentreve is the same as Cymbalta.
  • Posted

It's strange but Cymbalta is Duloxetine as well, yet if you google them Yentreve and Cymbalta are for two different things.  Sorry, I'm stumped.
  • Posted

Something to think about I've been reading a thread on a different site and it was about the antidepressant called Wellbutrin. Many many people have been having problems with welllbutrin and the generic wellbutrin.

So much so that they actually have the FDA the Federal drug administration looking into it because they have found that a couple of the generic makers have maybe been skimping on the quality control so if you're taking a generic from a brand-name yes this could result in a problem I haven't heard it about this particular medication but I do know that it can be a problem so if I were you I would consider going back to your general practitioner and switching back to the brand-name and it may be a matter of cost I realize and so forth but if it's causing your dizziness Worth checking this aspect of the medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.