Duloxetine Awareness Just About Killed Me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Duloxetine 60 mgs This drug could have killed me.  I am the 1 % that gives adversed reaction that could cause death.  I'm warning any thanking this drug after 6 weeks have your blood ALT and AST tested. I was having all kinds of symptons. My ALT shot up past 700.  Now I discontinued this drug and paying the price with bad withdrawl symptoms  I can't believe there is no follow up to this drug. I put in complaint with Health Canada. Drug company sells you a pill that makes you worst than depression but they have no clue on how to fix the problem. Total shame. How many ppl have actually died using this drug is unclear.  Now I'm living in hell cause of all these side effects.  Do not EVER take this drug. I'm the 1% that it really effects real badly.  Increase Liver Enzymes, sweaty head l, hot flashes, sore eyes blurry vision, infected eyes, acid reflux, itchy skin, increase pain, fatigue, worst than feeling depressed, low mood, irritability no patience, sexual dysfunction, very dry mouth, dehydration,  loss of concentration and memory, pressure headaches, bad dreams, insomnia 2-4 hours sleep compared too 14 hours from actually being depressed, no motivation, drink lots of water, diarhia with blood in stool, that's all my symptons from taking one drug. And this is not exaggeration. The doctor at internal medicine told me if I never followed up and continued taking the drug it would of been fatal. Awareness if you suffer from depression and anxiety don't take drugs. Do a IDT program with CBT and DBT.  This drug will make your condition worst.  It will take you off your path for recovery. Believe me.  

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I agree with you , duloxetine is an awful med , I’ve just came off it after 6 weeks and had the worst side effects 😬 I’m on setraline now and still getting horrid side effects 

• Posted

It's pathetic that they prescribe this drug to a human and there is no follow up help when someone must stop using this drug as I did as it increased my liver enzyme. Beware people this drug is powerful,and will f**k you up. I can't get any straight answers. Are the side effects short or long term. 

• Posted

Hi Karen, How are doinh on the zoloft? I'm finding my anxiety has come back after stopping cipralex and starting cymbalta. I think I might switch to zoloft but don't want the depression tp come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.