Duloxetine/Cymbalta sedation - please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

I've been on 40mg of Cymbalta for a couple of months and while it helps my anxiety, my mood has remained low and I have been very depressed. I have had problems with being overly sedated on the SSRI's so my psychiatrist switched me to Cymbalta. After my last visit I have been put up to 60mg per day, however I am extremely worried that this higher dose will cause even more sedation, as this has been my experience in the past with SSRI medications. Could anyone advise if Cymbalta becomes more sedative the higher the dose? I would be grateful for any advice or experience, as this is having a great impact on my quality of life. Thanks in advance :-)

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela, I've been on Cymbalta for a while but couldn't take more than 30 mg. I always take it at night. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to work. Please keep in mind that I am extremely sensitive to this type of meds and always experienced extreme side effects. So, taking Cymbalta at bed time might be an option. Hope I was able to help.

• Posted

Hi Angela,

I've been on 60mg Duloxetine for almost 3 months now and I can barely get out of bed. I take it for chronic back pain and Major depression...My mood is very even now, I don't feel anything, I don't care about anything. My quality of life is worse now than it was before I started this drug. I'm not sure if it is just this drug or the combination...I also take Norflex, Palexia and Lyrica, all for pain. I still suffer from other side effects, confusion, apathy, shaking, clenching jaw, blurred vision and irritation. My doc wants me to stay on this for another month to see if it settles down. I think I would almost prefer to feel the way I did before because at least I felt something sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.