Duloxetine - experience for nerve pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi!!

I thinking to try duloxetine. I am not depressed but i heard its less fatigue inducing than the other pain drugs. Anyone reccomend? Whats ur experience with it.

Thank u xxx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking for anxiety/depression for about 3 months.  It does not seem to induce fatigue at all.  From my experience it may actually do the opposite.  I would not say it is stimulating, but it does seem to increase energy level and mood. There are some sleep related side effects.  Early on I had very vivid dreams, and sometimes issue staying asleep all night.  That seems to be going away as I get used to it.  Aside from that, side effects seem minimal.
  • Posted

I think it’s helping with my pain as I also have a morphine patch 
  • Posted

I was on Zoloft 100 mg but switched over to duloxetine 60 mg for depression/anxiety plus my nerve pain in my back.  So far, I don't feel as tired as I did on the Zoloft (sertraline) but I do feel pretty blah all day.  With sertraline I didn't feel that way.  My back pain is still there so I guess it either isn't really doing much for me or I need to add something to it to help.  I may end up switching back over to sertraline as I did sleep better on it.  Both have made me gain weight which bothers me A LOT.  I have been really watching what I eat because I knew that would happen but it's happening anyway.  I don't want to eat as much on the duloxetine as I did on the sertraline.  It's all a trial and error game.  I hope it will work for you.

• Posted

Duloxetine makes you feel blah worst than depressed stay away from this drug. Too many side effects. 
  • Posted

I’m still all over the place at the moment so I can’t say if it’s helping but it’s making me not care about anything which is good in one way but bad in the other x
  • Posted

Im 5 weeks in for back pain following a badly fractured back 2.5 years ago. That at 60mg and etoricoxib at 90mg (anti inflamatory)have reduced pain significantly but I have a lot of side effects.

I cant face eating much and have lost a significant amount of weight in 5 weeks, more than I lost in 5 months and if this continues Ill be underweight. I also have hot sweats, dizzyness, irritability, headaches, pounding head, sexual dysfunction, difficulty passing urine and stools despite drinking loads.

Not overly sure all this is worth the pain relief.

• Posted

Oh and I don't care about anything.

Dont go missing doses though. I missed two days. Bad decision. Went a bit loopy and very angry. Taken a few days to level back out.

• Posted

Hated duloxetine although it was good for pain but I felt numb and really ill so it wasn’t worth it . I went from horrible racing thought to not feeling nothing . Hoping the setraline will work 
  • Posted

You nuts stay away from this drug.  The drug can actually make you 3xs worst than an actually depressed person.  I won't chance it. This drug is very potent too.  If you don't want sex than take this drug. 

• Posted

I suggest you avoid Duloxetine because it soooooo very difficult to withdraw from.  It worked for me for depression and anxiety for about 3 months at 3 20 mgs a day and then it stopped and dropped my BP so low I passed out. Had to have an MRI cause my head hit the refrig. and floor.  IMO, it's a dangerous medication.

If may give some fibro nerve paid relief at 60 mgs but I felt hardly any relief and I told my psyche he should be very careful when prescribing to young people because it can take your thots down a very negative self destructive road.  Feeling good one moment and then feeling way down in that dark hole the next.  Not good.

I wish I had NEVER started taking it.  I had very little to choose from tho in the way of meds because I think I've taken every popular anti anxiety, anti panic attack meds. (thank God for Xanax) and I've never experienced lasting side effects of going on and withdrawing from other meds like I have with Cymbalta  I even tried Lithium to to avail.

Group therapy was good for me. 

Good luck on whatever you decide.  If you have a FB page look for a community titled Cymbalta Hurts Worse.

• Posted

Hi 

I’m just at the be very end of weaning off this revolting drug...... it has been a very difficult few months that I never ever want to repeat. Brain zap weird feelings, overheating, nausea and retching , feelings of not being quite present.... 

the withdrawal has been a nightmare and I’ve only been on it 10 months....

Please think twice before starting it 

Lynne xxx

• Posted

Duloxetine mimics depression. Wipes you right out 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.