Duloxetine low my anxiety but I don’t feel with energy!,,

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I am new in this chat. I have been taking duloxetine 30 mg a day. My anxiety and depression is better in this 4 months but I am concerned about what is the best time to take this medicine because during the day  I can’t be active , my body doesn’t respond, I just want to be in my sofa 😟 not sleepy but I can’t work and be a normal mother. Can you advice me at what time is better to take this medicine?. I am taking duloxetine  30 mg every night. Thank you .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

difficult to say,  it might help taking it at a different time or it might not,  you will only know if you give it a try

another option is, you may find you have more energy if you move to a higher dose (but again, you could also feel more tired on a higher dose... it's impossible to say for sure because everyone's experience is different)

yet another thing to consider is, it may turn out that a different med than duloxetine is required if duloxetine is affecting your energy levels too much

as always, you should discuss it/keep in touch with your doctor

• Posted

I take 60mg every night so it doesn't affect me during the day. I also started adding a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to my morning cereal or my daily green tea, it's supposed to help with energy. I find it helpful but I have also started eating better. I was starting to drink pop like it was going out of style and I have never been a pop drinker...anyways I am ranting on now but I drink 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water daily and I cut down on sugar and fat. I found it helpful to read up on foods and there benefits etc etc and it helped me choose better foods. But wpuld ever you choose it wouldn't hurt to try taking your duloxetine in the late evening or at bedtime. Ask your doctor if that is an option. I pretty much take all my meds in the evening and at bedtime except for my pain pill I have to take every morning. I found I didnt have really any side effects when I first starting taking duloxetine and it's been 5 months for me so far.

• Posted

Gosh..I wish we could edit our posts...I don't see my errors until after I press reply.

• Posted

I was on Cymbalta and I was always tired and had no energy. I thought I was depressed but it was Cymbalta. I am finally off of it. The withdrawals from Cymbalta were horrific. Weeks of nausea, vomitting, migranes, sweating and vertigo. I weaned off slowly but did not help. I have energy now and I am not tired. My sleep is back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.