Duodenal peptic ulcer. I have completed course of 2 weeks. Still mild pain.. what should i do

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have tested positive for h pylori. Doctor advised me to take tablet amoxicilin and sompraz for two weeks. After two weeks , still i feel burning sensation when i have food with less spicy. what should i do ?. Please advise.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First of all, I take it you have forgotten to mention that you took another antibiotic as well as Amoxicilin. Amoxicilin on its own is unlikely to eradicate h.pylori. Sompraz is a trade name for Esomeprazole and is an acid reducer(PPI) and this is used as part of the three drug therapy.

Secondly - after therapy - did you take a breath test to make sure that the therapy actually worked (it doesn't always). The breath test cannot be taken for 4 to 8 weeks after therapy so that the drugs have worked their way out of the system.

Lastly it can take weeks for the stomach to heal from the Gastritis caused by h.pylori. So it may need nurturing for a while and common ant acids such as Calcium Carbonate can be helpful during this period

Best wises

• Posted

Breath test not yet taken. As suggested will take after some weeks .As advised will consume some calcium carbonate ant acids hereafter . Thank you so much for your advise.  
  • Posted

Did you in fact take another antibiotic as well as Amoxicilin ?

Don't take any more antibiotics or PPIs whilst waiting for your breath test.

Calcium Carbonate would be ok. But just to be on the safe side stop this too a week before the breath test.

Good luck

• Posted

PS Probiotics and live Yoghurt can be helpful during this period
    • Posted

okay thanks. for past two weeks i am feeling comfortable. Today i had avocado + honey + milk . I feel more inflammation. 

Suggest me some fruits which can heal more faster. 

Is cabbage juice effective in healing and killing h pylori ?

Please advise on diet .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.