Duodenitis does it ever go

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been dealing with Duodenitis for the past 4 months, looking through all the forums no one has ever said they’ve got rid, most forums start with people in pain, only thing I can think of is they’ve got rid and just stopped posting

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Its just a symptom...if you heal the cause it will go....

It can be gallbladder issue...liver issue...ibs..and many more...you need to pin point it with your doctor and tackle the problem with appropriate medication if available and strict diet.

Answer is yes it will go.

• Posted

Hi Steven. I have had duodenitis and gastritis twice in the last year for a couple of months at a time . It can go, but it all depends on why you have it in the first place as to if it will come back. I have a genetic condition where the stomach acid eats into the walls of my stomach. In my case it could keep on coming back as the ppi dont work for me. I'm on osmeprazole and ranitidine. If they work for you your in with a chance. Whatever you do, don't drink. I empathise with you as I know awful the pain is. I have a gastric ulcer. as well. The painkillers hardly touch it. I hope you get some relief

• Posted

See your doctor and ask for a PPI.  Stick to a bland diet and do a food diary to see if any food triggers your symptoms.  Ask your doctor for a prognosis.
  • Posted

I had an endoscopy done at the start they found 3cm hiatus hernia and inflamed duodenum caused by ibuprofen not the bacteria, doctor put me on 40mg Pantoprazole and 150 ranitidine teice a day, been on this for 4 month but and was doing well but last week and half uncomfortable pain under left rib and in back with a spaced out feeling and throat pain, no reflux and diet is still bland, chicken, turkey, veg, fruit, I don’t drink or smoke
  • Posted

I have what they call chronic gastritis and I have a constant dull pain across my upper stomach all the time I still take 30 mg of Prevacid name brand in the morning and in the evening don't know how I'm ever going to get rid of it evidently the Prevacid doesn't work either or I wouldn't have so much gastritis and I had an upper GI done 3 weeks ago and that's what it showed had some ganglin polupswhich aren't cancerous. Just showed chronic gastritis never leaves and hiatel hernia it

• Posted

I have gastritis and deudontis. anyone experience lightheadedness and discomfort in upper abdomen towards heart area? my heart checked out fine after running tests

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.