Duodenitis / Gastritis and stomach weakness

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Duodenitis and Gastritis this month. I was put on Omeprazole 40 Mg and Ranitidine 300 Mg.

My pain in my upper middle abdomen is getting less, but when it does feel tender or sore (usually when my stomach is empty) I get this odd weak feeling in my stomach and legs. It's almost like I have no balance and want to fall. I'm not feeling it in my head, just in my stomach and below.

Does inflamation like this cause odd symptoms like this? or is something else going on?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I experienced the same symptoms as you and was then diagnosed with fibromyalgia!
    • Posted

I strangely didn't have these symptoms until my doctor put me on a PPI then they developed

• Posted

Have it checked out with the doc: perhaps some intolerance to your meds? 
    • Posted

went down that route before, all I got was him opening the drug reference book and showing me the list of symptoms to the meds... which it does fit, but it also says less then 1% experience stuff like this
  • Posted

I have pain in the upper middle and ribs also nausea all the time and dizzy. My doctor said it's the inflamation in my body causing it. Don't no if I believe him or not. I was on ppi's came off them as made no difference at all.

• Posted

I don't think I've been nauseaus but the feeling comes from my upper middle abdomen when I feel weak. How long where you on PPI's for?

• Posted

A common side effect to Omperazole is dizzieness....thats likely what is causing it.
    • Posted

what about weakness in legs? Today when walking to my car after work they felt like they were having trouble keeping me up, almost like jelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.