Duodenitis / gastritis odd feelings

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since I was finally diagnosed with Duodenitis and gastritis I have a few questiosn maybe someone can answer...

I started Ranitidine 150MG at night and Omeprazole in the morning, I read it takes about 6 - 8 weeks to help for 80% of people.

My upper middle abdomen always feels bloated and tender / sore, how long does it usually take for this to go away or start to feel better?

Also, sometimes I can feel my heart beat in the same area (upper middle abdomen) I assume its because od the duodenitis making it tender / sore and the pulse in the aortia is aggrivating it. I had a complete abdominal ultrasound and the aortia was normal, so it's not because of an anryusim or anything like that. Is this common with this inflamation? or should I have them look more into this?

Also, has anyone ever experienced dizziness with this? I know suddenly I am getting dizzy (well more like lightheaded, i dont have the spinning feeling) randomly durning the day. I saw a few places that it had dizziness as a symptom of duodenitis, but I dont know if maybe allergies is making this worse for me, I started having the light headed feeling after allergy season started, and I noticed yesterday that I had a light headed spell after my nose got pretty well stuffed up. I used to take Zyrtec when I had allergies but not sure if that is a good idea with having this now this year.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi how was you diagnosed with this ? And what were your original symptoms and how long did you suffer ? I'm trying to get to the botttom of mine pain I've been suffering for 3/4 months with upper abdomen pain

• Posted

had a physical first when I had a really bad stomach gnawing pain, went on dexilant for 4 weeks got rid of the big pains, but still had a sore tender feeling left in the same area... had a abdominal ultrasound and blood tests to rule out pancreas, liver, aorta and gallbladder problems, all came back normal. Then finally had an EDG (Upper Endoscopy) and they saw a lot of inflamation of the duoeadnum and stomach. I'd have this now for 5 months EDG was just done this past Friday

• Posted

The original symptoms sent me to the ER it was a severe spams feeling in the upper middle stomach, didn't know if it was cardiac or digestive, ER ruled out cardiac and sent me home with a Pepcid... then went to my Primary Doc for the start of the diagnosis...

• Posted

I'm still yet to get a ultrasound but should be getting one soon.the pain has really got me down these past few months I've been put on anti-depressants because of how it's effecting me.i hope you feel better soon

• Posted

hello, I also have gastritis and deudontis. I've also have had bouts of lightheadedness during the day as well as my upper abdomen weird feeling like my heart or something. I went to the ER and everything checked out fine (heart, etc). so I'm pretty sure it is a symptom somehow. any advice or insight on these symptoms? did it just go away on its own for you or did you take anything? I appreciate it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.