Duodenitus diet?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I was diagnosed with duodenitus and slight IBS about a year ago.. I had been prescribed Lanzoprazole (didn't agree with me.. made me sick) then Omneprozole (didn't work either) and so I am now on Ranitidine which is ok but I still get mental indegestion and as a 27 year old woman it isnt nice! Not pleasant at all when you're all dressed up to go out and you're throat is repeating constantly! If anyone has a diet that they feel works then please! I'll try anything!

Thanks guys!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cut out anything Spivey acidic or fatty and use liquid antacid-it physically helps keep the acid down
  • Posted

I find eating curries causes problems . I would take antiacid tablets from the chemist

Have you talked to your GP

BOB

• Posted

Cut out spicy and fatty foods.  Try a food diary to see what foods are triggering reflux.
  • Posted

I am on Ranitidine tablets which I take in the morning but I still tend to get indegestion through the day... I have cut out more acidic food's but to be honest I think my stomach/bowel problems root from stress.. I'm quite an anxious person so wanted to see if a proper diet would help get me out of this vicious cycle..

Thanks again guys x

• Posted

If it's down to stress then you need to manage this. Try meditation or CBT.

• Posted

Yea.. I have been trying to get some councilling but there are not many groups in my area so it's hard.. This is why I am trying to combat it from the diet side.. I have ordered some books from amazon.. I just typed in acid reflux and a load of stuff came up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.