Duodentis and worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an endoscopy today and one of the problems they found was duodentis.  Naturally I am worried as have to wait for the biopsy results.

Has  anyone else been diognosed with it, and how do you cope and manage ithe condition. 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Taff1234

Duodenitis is usually caused by HPylori bacteria which lives in the gut and duodenum...endoscopy and biopsy can confirm this...the next step is a 3 courses of antibiotics f you have HPylori.....wait for the biopsy results to confirm that you have an HPylori infection or you may have gastritis which is treated with ppi's (proton pump inhibitors) to ease acid reflux....best wishes.....

• Posted

Duodentitis is treated with PPI medication and lifestyle changes such as diet, avoiding smoking and akcohol.  Gastritis is treated in the same way.
    • Posted

I’m  worried as I had a reflux attack and coughed up black streaks followed by black stools the following day which lasted for two days.  I don’t as yet know the source of the bleeding.

This waswas two weeks ago.  I had no pain it came out of the blue.  Was urgently referred to hospital.

• Posted

The biopsy should tell you more and I would have thought the endoscopy itself should have shown the source of the bleeding.  Was a duodenal ulcer mentioned?  
    • Posted

They found oesophagitis, hiatis hernia and Duodentitis.  Not sure how long the results take to come through.
    • Posted

Phone your doctor to find out how long it normally takes for test results to come through.  If it takes longer than the timescale they give you, phone your doctor regularly to chase them up.
    • Posted

Have had my results and don’t have infection.  Not. Sure what’s caused the imflamation.
    • Posted

Did your doctor not tell you what he or she thought had caused the inflammation? The biopsy should have shown the reason.  It is possible that the duodenitis and oesophagitis may have have caused it, but I would ask your doctor for a firm answer on this.
    • Posted

I wasn’t told what cause the inflammation.  But I gather it’s  mild and can be treated.
    • Posted

In that case, follow the treatment plan your doctor gives you and don’t worry because you have been told it is mild.
    • Posted

These conditions are easier to deal with than others but they may require lifestyle changes.
    • Posted

I’ve already started to watch what I eat as don’t want a repeat of the bleeding from my stomach.
    • Posted

Also avoid painkillers like Nurofen/Cuprofen and Ibruprofen because they can cause stomach bleeding especially if you have had problems like this before.  You may also be given a PPI to block acid.
    • Posted

I am now taking an acid blocker so hope it will help.  
    • Posted

If you stick to this regimen, you should start to improve. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.