dust mite allergy - corded vs cordless vacuum for the mattress?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

are handheld cordless vacuums good enough for vacuuming dust mites and their feces from the mattress?

I've done intensive research on what kind of vacuum would be powerful enough for the job, but unfortunately, I couldn't find any information on that. due to budget constraints, I have to consider handheld vacuums that have significantly less suction power than the corded vacuums.

plz help and thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi S, Have you thought of the option of buying a mattress cover? My son had dust mite allergies, we put the mattress/pillows into a zippered covers(they even make them in K size) it can be wiped down or soft ones can be washed, put a washable cover over the plastic type, to keep from hearing plastic crinkling... or just get a cover with the padded top and elastic sides, that can be washed...either way works great....the hand vac(unless it has a HEPA filter will just shoot dust mites out the exhaust) just like the vacuum for your floor....don't use a vacuum you use on the floor, for bed, or anywhere....unless it has an attachment & a HEPA filter!! Dusting is really important too....how do you clean your couch? A washable cover that prevents STUFF from the couch to push through, is the best...If you have any questions or need help, chat at me anytime...you can make your life easier!! Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒🎶🌈🍀☮♾🐾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.