Dvla

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any advise in how to reapply for revoked licence, i need medical evidence but the doctor is unwilling to write me a letter. please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Two Questions,are you in the States?. Second question why was it revoked?

• Posted

no in uk, licence was revoked due to me having diabetes at the time and taking insulin now i dont have insulin nor diabetes so in theory i should be entitled to have my licence back

• Posted

I have a friend who went through this. The doctors are generally ridiculous and don't take any action to help you.

You have to track your blood sugar levels and show the doctor a history. To do this, you need to know how to work with the technology- either be able to download the data from your meter, or get an implant that you scan.

You'll need to ask your doctor what your blood sugar needs to look like in order to get you license back. Then you have to get your levels on track. Then show the data to your doc.

But it doesn't end there. They may want another six months of data even after your license is reinstated.

My friend didn't give me all the details, but she had a heck of a time because her levels were dropping horribly and when she tried to get help, they ignored her. Even when she showed them data, so of course, she'd get upset with them, and then they would refuse to talk to her. She really had to advocate for herself. The thing is that all her stuff was medically induced initially. Then the stress of not having transportation caused her blood sugar to go whacky. Once she got her license back, her levels improved due to reduced stress.

The whole system is completely ridiculous and the practitioners fail to understand that the inability to communicate is a symptom of the disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.