DVT 100% BLOCKED LEFT LEG

Posted , 4 users are following.

I WAS DIAGNOSED BACK I JUNE WITH DVT IN LEFT LEG, I WENT BACK FOR 6 MONTH CHECK UP AND THE CLOTS ARE STILL THERE. THE LAST FOUR OR FIVE DAYS I NOTICED I FEEL LIKE I PULLED A MUSCLE UNDER MY LEFT SHOULDER BLADE AND IT HURTS WHEN I BREATHE IN AND IM EXTREMELY WINDED, THE SMALLEST WALK MAKES ME GASP FOR AIR IN A SENSE, I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW VASCULAR DR IN THE MORNING BUT COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE A PE? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This are signs and symptoms of a pe. I had bilateral pes in November 2016 although I had no symptoms other then a little chest pain. Are you on blood thinners if not I'd get to an ER and tell them you might have a pe so they can do a ct scan with contrast.

• Posted

Thank you so much i just keep telling myself i pulled a muscle  and this dry cough.. im going to er right now thank you
  • Posted

Was you put onto any type of anti coagulants when the DVT was found ? If you weren't given any treatment I find this very strange and weird. The doctor(s) would of known that it would of broken off and could lodge in your heart or lung(s), usually lungs.

• Posted

Hi Samantha .. I had multi PE two years ago, but no DVT was detected in my legs,... my first signes were going from going to the gym 6 days aweek, to not being able to walk up my staires at home, I had two episodes where I woke in the nite, with chest pains, but it went after a few hours.... I never dreemed or throught about blood clots...

It tuk 6 months for my doc arrange for me to go to the hospital and was told I’m very lucky to still be alive🤔 I’m on apixaban now for life, if for one moment I throught it was PE I’d been down to A&E with out fail..

So as not sure if your on any blood thinners??? I would get this checked out straight away... your life is more inportant then feeling silly about aces and pains, I wish I’d gone straight to hospital, but we just put it down to other things... good luk chic please let us know how you get on big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hey guys, i have spent the last four days in the hospital!! No PE’s thank god but i do have new blood clots behind my knee, i was on a heprin drip for two days and am now dealing with a hematologist in hopes to find out why my blood keeps clotting even while on blood thinners, i also have pneumonia which was causing back pain and cough...anddd a heart condition that they are working on figuring out what it is.. i have a long road ahead of me but i am grateful to still be here.. Thank all of u for your prayers i will keep yall posted..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.