Dvt

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with acute dvt in left calf 4 weeks ago. Been kn rivaroxaban have 7 tables left after 6 weeks but still getting cramping sensation in my calves. I had a ct scan 4 weeks ago they said as a precaution but still not been worked. Constantly worried i am going to die. Othereise i feel ok apart from really bad anxiety. Any help would be appreciated please.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jason, I am 3 months after my femoral DVT and I still get some weird cramps and shock like pains through my leg, I think this is normal as the body is trying to dissolve the clot and it takes quite of time, if the pain is unbearable I suggest to go to your GP or straight to the A&E.

You are on treatment so that's a good thing, try to not to worry I know is hard with the anxiety but you are on treatment.

• Posted

Thanks Dumodal

Sorry to hear you are suffering to. Its just the result from the ct scan which is worrying more did you undergo scans? Was yours provoked or unprovoked?

I broke my tib and fib last april and have rod and bolts in. Which are due to be taken out because of the pain. I also flew 5 weeks b4 my dvt and i had a fall the night before i went to hospital. The hospital said these were not provoking factors and hence taking me for a ct scan.

Regards

• Posted

I got mine after a catheter ablation they went inside my groin and probably is related to that, I am being tested for genetics disorders and May Thurne syndrome just in case.

What your CAT said?

It's very common with people with bone trauma to get DVT, did they put you on anticoagulant after surgery? Because they should or at least antiplatelets .

Anyways they should test you for genetic disorders as a precaution, if not I suggest to contact the hematologist.

• Posted

I have seen a hematologist. They have discharged me.. still no results from cat scan.. after having it 4 weeks ago. Its no annoying not knowing lol. Are you rivaroxaban?
  • Posted

I know how you feel my genetic test are in March!!

It's weird the hematologist didn't ask for genetic test, I think you should ask for second opinion.

Yes I am Rivaroxaban, 20mg per day until who knows when but probably a year! If the test come back clean.

• Posted

The ct scan is usually to make sure the dvt hasn’t been caused by something else or the clot hasn’t broken up and travelled up to your lung. You usually get a result either in the day or in a week. I’m quite surprised you’re on the tablets for 8 weeks as it takes about 12 weeks for the clot to dissipate. I was diagnosed with a clot in November I still have pain and it can take up to a year before the pain goes. As sometimes the clot leaves scarring. A friend of mine had a clot 4 years ago and can still feel the scarring. Try using a calf sleeve when sat in one position ie at a desk or traveling for a while. Also use one when you exercise. But don’t try and exercise before 3 months otherwise it will hurt like hell and they may be a slight risk the clot may break off. And when at home take calf sleeve of and try and elevate your leg higher than your hip. Good thing is they have found it and your on blood thinners. Try not to get stressed about it
    • Posted

I’m on th same tablets as you. Had a gig dosage for a month the. On a lower dosage for 6 months 😩

• Posted

Thanks for all you advice guys hopefully it all comes back. But think i need to see doc for more tablets as dnt want to stop tablets if i sm still feeling same pain.

Thankyou x

• Posted

Wow 4 weekes on and coupel of hours after starting this chat. Ive had my ct results and no abnormalities. Massive weight lifted. Thankyou everyone X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.