DVT diagnosed just two days ago. Now what?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sitting at home bit shocked. Got INNOHEP preloaded syringes. Worked out how to inject them. Ok. Now do l just lay still.? Do l try and walk around.? When will the pain die down? Will a bit just break off and kill me any minute?. Anyone out there know please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, As long as you're on blood thinners you should be fine, a bit of the clot won't break off and kill you.

Do as you feel if you want to walk, do, if you want to rest, do. I walked loads from the moment I could (ankle to abdomen DVT) I actually found that walking helped my leg. Have you been given stockings to wear?

We're all different so can't really say when the pain will stop but take each day as it comes, it does get easier!

It's all a bit scary isn't it. The fear of it happening again, the shock, the pain, the lack of information when were discharged from hospital.

Just remember while you're on blood thinners you should be fine!

I'm two years out from mine and believe me it does get so much better both physically and mentally, time is an excellent healer.

Take a look at the thrombosis UK website there's loads of information on there.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hanikat thankyou so much, just the kind of answer l was looking for. It just came out of the blue and next thing lm at home with not much else to do but think. The hospital was great but it's true you don't get much info. I've got a doctor's appointment on the 5th Sept . It was suddenly looking a long way a way🤔

• Posted

my husband was diagnosed with three, one in his calf, one in his thigh and one in his pelvis following a trip to China. He also had prostate cancer. We were told it could have been the long haul flight or the cancer.

Am terrified he will get a pulmonary embolus. When does his risk of a pe go down? He is on daily dalteparin injections for the next three to 6 months.

Need a lot of reassurance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.