DVT WORRY

Posted , 4 users are following.

In october 2017 I had a lump of blood vessels removed from my knee

In April 2018 I travelled to las vegas - 10hr flight

Its been a month since i flew, but For the past few days my leg has felt really strange (same leg had knee op done) - the only way i can describe it.  Its not massively painful, more of dull ache, with tingle feeling.  I do have some varicose veins on this leg, occasionally in hot weather they sting. But quite rare.

Now ive started feeling quite faint and a bit breathlessness.  I noticed when I have been walking i seem to feel out of breath and a bit light headed. 

I am 29, relatively fit.

My main worry is that my mum had Deep vein thromboisis, and also died due to ruptured aortic aneurysm.

Am i being crazy to be concerned? I've tried to feel if there is any lumps or swelling, there is a mild lump at the back of the knee, i think. im struggling to compare if im honest?  I feel if i go to the doctors they will think im being crazy because i can walk okay on the leg

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It doesnt sound like my leg felt when I had a DVT, mine was painful and swollen, it was painful to walk.  The breathlessness could be anxiety.  However, I think you should visit your doctor and get yourself checked over, they wont think you are crazy, even if its just anxiety they wont think you are crazy.  Get down to the doc smile 
  • Posted

My advice would be to see your doctor, I’m sure they’ll put your mind at rest.  Hope it proves to be nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel 

Hope all is ok with you. Did you go to seek help?

Having only just read your post I would say ;

1) with a family history you should be checked immediately

2) Any signs of breathlessness should be treated as a serious concern

3) Any lumps or redness are also red flags. 

4) a long haul flight is a precipitating factor 

5) If you are on the combined contraceptive pill that also increases your risk. 

So if you have not gone in, please don’t delay and do so now. I am not a medical person but the mum of a daughter who had a DVT. I have always been grateful that she did not delay in seeking help. I am sure you will be fine but it doesn’t hurt to make sure 😊 

Please keep us updated. 

Karin 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.