Dwp

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I'm new to this and I have just read most of your stories it's horrible to see us having to fight our own country for a bit of support. I have recently been diagnosed with fybromyalgia hyp mobility psoriasis and reynauds syndrome. Earlier this year also being diagnosed with bad acid reflux anxiety depression and ocd. Next Wednesday I'm in for an operation for a removal of a lymph node on the back of my kneck that has grown in the last 4 or 5 years. Admittedly this one isn't new but never said anything to a doctor through a bit of embarrassment I guess but after searching online it may look like I have Trichotillomania which is where you pull your own hair out. As all you fybro sufferers no any added stress anxietys etc does not make our illness any better physically or mentally I'm so worried about my pip claim because everything is not visable how do we go about being believed I've photo copied everything sent prescription slips sick notes all hospital appointments even going into next year mentally exhausted me took me 3 days to full the form out. I'm hoping I don't have an ongoing fight but I suppose we all hope that my mother has fybo and looking back we think my grandmother had fybro as well. sorry to ramble hope you all have a good evening

Been reading your posts les if you could help me in anyway I'd really appreciate it

Abbi 😊

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Abbi

Welcome to the group nobody wants to be in!  Try to keep positive and the best advice I can give is learn to say "no".  It is difficult to pace ourselves and those friends who can't be bothered to cut you some slack aren't true friends.  Those that have stuck by me understand that if I have to cancel at the last minute is it not because I don't want to participate but rather that I can't.  My colleagues still invite me and include me on nights out but they know I probably won't attend particularly if I have to work the next day but they ask just so that I do not feel excluded. Friends like that are worth a fortune.    I take no medication just supplements and try and do gentle exercise every day.  There are others on here more expert at dealing with DWP I have never had the "pleasureredface" of having to do the forms require.

For muscle aches I use dead sea salt/epsom salts. It really does help to relax in a warm bath. Remember to shower the salt off afterwards though. Hot wheat bags or water bottles help with the pain too.  I use a chiropractor and hynotherapist when things get bad and of course the good fibro folk on here for support.   There is always someone on here to listen and give advice support or a virtual hug.

• Posted

Thank you my aunt and cousin likes all the remodies I think I might try it out thank you for you kind words

Abbi

• Posted

Good luck and never feel that any question is too silly to ask as there is always someone on here who has asked the same thing at some point and had someone kind enough to reply.  We are all in this together.
    • Posted

but I like being in the fibro group...after all you are great Maggers, Magpie is great, Kiki is great, Denise is great, Albi is great...therefore the fibro group is great!

Don't t forget to smile ten times each morning...it takes ten smiles to convince you head that you are happy. Happy always improves my fibro!

Smiles to you

judith

• Posted

So nice of you to say so - we are generally a happy helpful bunch on here but let's face it if we had the choice of fibro or no fibro most of us would choose the no fibro! 

The antics of my dog always makes me smile at least ten times before breakfast and he is the reason to get up and get out even on the bad days.  We seem to be co dependent and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Posted

You are great too! Love ya and don't give up hope filling out the paperwork!

• Posted

Awesome for you Kiki I just finished a tome I sent to my doc for signature.

Keep smiling,

judith

• Posted

Hey Maggers,

We could form the Down With Fibro group...

chuckle chuckle

Ziggy sleeps with me, completely under the covers with his face towards my feet. cause he likes his hinney butt held like a pillow.

smiles

judith

• Posted

Hi Abbi, Im sorry that you have to deal with this condition. But as Maggers mentioned, you are not alone sweetie. There are millions battling this and most people have some kind of health struggles in this fast paced world. Stress is something that you will need to manage my girl. Obviously you have many troubling thoughts and perhaps some low self worth. There are books to help us with our negative thoughts my dear. Do some research and find yourself information on cognitive therapy. Our thoughts lead to our emotions and then it affects our physical bodies as well. I am sure that you are a lovely person since most Fibromyalgia sufferers have been extending themselves too much for too long. So learning to value ourselves and who we really are, is crucial to managing this condition. We have often been very hard on ourselves and thinking that we are never good enough. All those negative thoughts are just Rubbish my dear! Start giving yourself the respect and care that you would to others. Maggers has given you some beneficial pointers to help you. I too do not take meds but approach the condition in a holistic way. So others would have to give you advice in this regard.  Some natural supplements do help but be careful not to take too many since it is taxing on the liver.  Do your research sweetie on your own behalf and give yourself the nurturing you so deserve. One day at a time Abbi and you will manage just fine. Maggie xo
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply some lovely words I really appreciate it x
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this. One thing I noticed you mentioned was acid reflux. I was diagnosed years ago. Way before I was diagnosed with fibro. They had prescribed nexium. Come to find out that it was not meant for long term use. My GP did not tell me that and I wound up having complications and side effects.

I have now changed my diet and use supplements. Do your research and ask questions. Like the other posters mentioned, we have probably had it and can offer advice. You are not alone.

• Posted

Thank you theres so much to consider with all the symptoms certainly makes you feel here there and everywhere doesn't it.

• Posted

Hi, i'm sorry to hear about all your conditions. I too have fibro and many other conditions. I have recently been for my 2nd PIP assessment (review) I will say that appointment letters don't really help. Try to get other evidence if possible. Remember also to tell the assessment provider everything about yourself. What you can and can't do and why. It's about how your condition/s affect you daily not about a diagnosis. Goodluck with your assessment when the time comes x

• Posted

Hi Abbi,

Fibromyalgia alone is trying but when it is mixed in with other diagnosis it is awful.

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and lordy do I know about medical paperwork...just completed an 8 page explanation for insurance here in the USA. I am going to pull my hair out if they come back with even one more question!I truly think that no matter what I send in, here in the USA they have questions...it is as though they di not read what you send or they read a wee bit, think of a question, and send a lettet saying "we need.. "

Aaaaggrrrrr!

We have an awesome group here in fibro...welcome

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.