Dwp called yesterday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am my daughters appointee and since December last year we have been battling with the dwp as they refused her PIP in the 29th of April we were successful at tribunal then within days the dwp notified us they were seeking a statement of reasons from the judge. This came last week and I swiftly contacted the dwp informing them of this. After a few call backs I was told they would make her case a priority and they called yesterday to say they are allowing the tribunals decision very happy about that

My question is if I call the carers allowance today will it be showing on the system as I re applied for carers the Monday after appeal And the tax credits as the disability element for child tax credit needs back dating

Also how soon can we expect the back dated pay from pip

The person said the computer will generate the amounts and payment dates over night ?

?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, won tribunal 11th may still no money!
    • Posted

I don't know what the current time line is at the moment - but the longest I had to wait was 5 months for ESA but that was a few years ago.

Personally I would think that 6 weeks would be reasonable.now.

As for expecting the DWP to update their computer systems - overnight?? I wouldn't hold my breath with that promise.

• Posted

As Les said Suzie I have some doubt the computer system is updated overnight and even if it is, there is probably a time lag in someone dealing with it due to staff shortages.

In case like yours, as you have already found out it is those who shout the loudest who get things done more quickly. Phone Carer Allowance today, tomorrow and the next day until the matter is sorted out.

• Posted

Hi guys thanks for your replies. I called carers allowance this morning. I've had to re claim again as they closed the claim from beginning of May due to the delays

But she did inform that the system is indeed showing my daughter being in reciept of pip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.