DWP Compliance Interview

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help! I have just received a letter from the DWP telling me I 'have' to be available for a telephone 'compliance interview on a certaion time and date. I cannot understand why this should be so. I am all panicy as they have said they will stop my benefit payments if I am not avaiable.

What do they want to know that they don't know already?

Does this mean I have been reported? I just feel sick with worry.

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It could just be a completely random check which they do sometimes. Unfortunately no one on a forum can tell you what the reasons are, the best thing you can do is ring the number on the letter and ask.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

I had one of these last year. Please try not to worry..the telephone compliance call will be to check all information is up to date and correct. In my case it was a check because I help my mum with her finances and have direct debits going out of my bank as she is disabled...even though they were told of the circumstances they do check from time to time. The lady who dealt with me was actually very nice. I had to supply recent bank statements etc for them to review the information was correct. The only thing I will say is please make sure you get a copy of the outcome of the call and confirmation that the matter has been dealt with and closed down as unfortunately for me the person failed to do that and then went off sick which can cause big problems...but honestly the process is just to ensure that there isn't any information or changes they need to know. Mine was friendly and straightforward just make sure they listen to what you have to say and maybe keep some notes about the info you've given. I had a temporary suspension of benefits for a week or so but it was reinstated very quickly when they realised they had it wrong.

Please don't worry. Hope this helps.

• Posted

thank you for these replies.

my question is, how did they know about your direct debits. surely they cannot monitor bank accounts?//

• Posted

What makes you think they know about your direct debits? Did you ring the number on the letter like advised? They do random checks on people all the time and it maybe absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Posted

I do believe it an invasion of privacy to ask to see bank statements. There is nothing wrong with mine, but it does contain my spending patterns etc. This is mortifying to me.

• Posted

It's not an invasion of privacy and if bank statements are requested you will need to send them, otherwise your benefits will stop.

The times they ask for back statements are when claiming any means tested benefits and sometimes for these compliance interviews. Have they asked for bank statements?

If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.

• Posted

This may just be a random check . As long as you know you have not done anything wrong I really would not worry about it.

Do keep in touch and let me know the outcome.

Take care.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.