DWP its a Farce!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Firstly l cannot believe what Alan has been through, to be suffering in pain all day everyday is bad enough but to have to suffer the mental torture to battle for recognition of an illness to this degree is despicable.

I myself have CS and chronic pain all in all of my joints l also suffer from extreme headaches that no pain killer can take away. I fall very easily and have just had to resign from my third job as cannot cope with sleepless nights due to pain and more intense pain due to increased workload. I also have High BP and GAD!

I battled with DWP and was only awarded pension credits on my first visit after the medical. I was called for a second medical and waited for 2.5 hours because the decision maker could not speak clear english and neither could the previous claiments!!! This decision maker lied on all my questions and my pension credits were removed ( not that it made much difference) but that is not the point. I also suffer from GAD (general anxiety disorder) I went to Tribunal but it nearly sent me over the edge l felt like a criminal. I won the pension credits back - on my anxiety because i couldnt stop shaking and then burst into tears. I'm sure that my job has increased my pain but i dont think i could go through that again. Wishing you every success Alan and everyone else. xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi betty boohoo, i read your post and i was amazed both you and alan have been through so much. i am terrified of applying for any more dla as i read everything alan has wrote and couldnt go through any of that , as i have the same as you i have had four anxiety attacks in the past 36hrs. i have raised bp, diabetes, underactive thyroid, and multiple problems with my shoulders as well as cs, but i dont have the courage to apply for anything further. i have had to re-apply for my incapacity which i havent heard about yet. so good luck to all that do have the courage.,,,,, chris
  • Posted

Hello Bettyboohoo

Oh dear! Your sad story is like a mirror image of mine - your pains sound like they're similar to mine, so I know how you feel believe me.

I agree with you there's something wrong with the DWP system of assessment - it's as if they like tormenting people!!

The Tribunal Service is not much better - The judge lied at my hearing but I've caught him out. so he wont get away with it.

Just hang in there - I'm battling with them, and I'm winning the battle.

I'm doing this for all of us - if I win . then you'll all have a case.

I haven't heard back yet from tha tribunal service. believe me they wont want to take my case much further - I'm quite prepared to take my case to a proper court if I have to.

What a ridiculous situation I'm in. having to ask permission from the people who turned me down - for their permission to appeal - is something very odd.

Keep watching my space, I'll let you all know when something happens.

It's getting very interesting.

Keep up your spirits Bettybooboo. I'm after them!!!

Alan X

• Posted

Are you on medication for GAD? I am on Mirtazapine which has helped my anxiety. Have you tried any support groups? I'm deputy chair of a local mental health group positivethoughts, talking is a great theraputic tool. Also, I occasionaly use valium, not for anxiety, but as a muscle relaxation and that helps
  • Posted

Hello bettyboohoo

I dont know if you still read these postings - but what I wrote on your site in Feb.. came true, I told you that I would win, and win I did - You can all have a good chance of being awarded the benefits that you think that you're entitled to, if you follow my case. The secret is - is not to give up, if you give up, they've won!!!

The Tribunal Service has been proven not to be what they claim to be - other sites have also made this claim.

The whole of the sysyem is flawed. The Decision Makers are ridiculous. they've also been proven to be \"not fit for purpose\" Everything seems to be a \"sham\" The examining doctors are also \"not fit for purpose\" They're reports represent a shambolic system designed by the state, for the state.

The so- called \" Disability expert\" is also a shambolic figure - These people are not classed as \"experts\" by the state, so shouldn't really be playing any role on a Tribunal Panel.

There are currently 700.000 appeals waiting for the First tier Tribunal - The system is about to explode!!!

Please everybody appeal and keep sending those claim packs in. because you can win.

ALAN D

• Posted

[quote:51ad0280be=\"ALAN D \"]Hello bettyboohoo

I dont know if you still read these postings - but what I wrote on your site in Feb.. came true, I told you that I would win, and win I did - You can all have a good chance of being awarded the benefits that you think that you're entitled to, if you follow my case. The secret is - is not to give up, if you give up, they've won!!!

The Tribunal Service has been proven not to be what they claim to be - other sites have also made this claim.

The whole of the sysyem is flawed. The Decision Makers are ridiculous. they've also been proven to be \"not fit for purpose\" Everything seems to be a \"sham\" The examining doctors are also \"not fit for purpose\" They're reports represent a shambolic system designed by the state, for the state.

The so- called \" Disability expert\" is also a shambolic figure - These people are not classed as \"experts\" by the state, so shouldn't really be playing any role on a Tribunal Panel.

There are currently 700.000 appeals waiting for the First tier Tribunal - The system is about to explode!!!

Please everybody appeal and keep sending those claim packs in. because you can win.

ALAN D[/quote:51ad0280be]

Hi Alan

im currantly waiting for my Tribuneral date i have been reading some of yr posts any advice you have would be most greatly recived as the whole interview i had with Asos was a waiste of my time (but not theres £14,000) as they didnt listen to a word i said & just made there own assumptions i recived a copy of the assesment & thought i was someone elses

• Posted

my 18 year old son is autistic. He's had higher rate mobility and care components for 9 years. Our recent regular 3 yearly application came back with higher rate care but lower rate mobility. I rang to start the appeal process and was taken through by phone. All the woman on the phone kept saying was 'but he can walk' taking into no account numerous court cases where the mental capacity was taken as a factor and the fact that autism is a 'physiological' condition. I contacted my MP and, whilst I submitted to appeal he wrote to the DWP. Result = letter to inform me that upon review higher rate has been awarded for all components indefinitely and the appeal won't even go on! We're overjoyed and I've written to my MP to thank him. Didn't expect to not have to put up a fight. But it's the whole attitude of the staff. They speak to us like we're scroungers, I would love nothing more than for my son to not be autistic.

To further the tale, I was so incensed that I've actually put in my own claim forms. The only stumbling block is that they're contacting my GP, I'm not wholly convinced he'll support my claim. As I've said elsewhere all my support has come from my physiotherapist. But I'm now determined to fight it all the way if I don't win my claim!! Watch this space

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.