DWP now refusing to post out copy of PIP assessment report before Award decided?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have read on another forum of an applicant being told by the DWP that they are no longer sending out copies of assessment reports to applicants prior to a decision being made on their award.  Has anyone else been told this?  I called the DWP 3 weeks ago to request a copy of my report and never received it in the 10 days I was originally quoted.  So I called last week and again this week and was told on both occasions that my report had not yet been sent out because of staff shortages but would be so in due course.  I am beginning to think they were just lying and I will indeed receive my award details before my copy of my assessment report arrives! Anyone know why this could be? It has been just over 6 weeks since my assessment and I have also just read that the waiting time for DLA to PIP applicants from assessment to award is now 17 weeks!  It is getting rediculous and it is so hard knowing who to believe!    

0 likes, 109 replies

109 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If the DWP have decided to no-longer send out reports prior to a decision on the award, then I wonder if it's a ploy to stop people getting prepared to ask for a mandatory reconsideration or whatever it's called.  

Or and probably a silly question this, but are there more than one DWP venues, only my report took exactly 10 days to arrive, so I wonder if it is to do with area's. The address on my report said it was from Mail Handling Site B Wolverhampton.

I live in Devon.

Stress levels are high enough anyway without having to wait 17 Weeks for a decision or a copy of the report, as you say TCake, it's hard knowing who to believe.

• Posted

"I wonder if it's a ploy to stop people getting prepared to ask for a mandatory reconsideration or whatever it's called."   I completely agree with you there!  

• Posted

Hiya 

my report came from the same place as sukes and I live in Yorkshire .    I'm wondering if it's just making too much work for them as they are back logged at the minute.  I also heard it was taking 17 weeks from DlA to PIP.

• Posted

My DLA isn't due to end until November so they probably do not class my PIP award as being urgent.  If they have a baglog it would make sense for them to deal with new claims first.

• Posted

Yeah I was thinking that because you don't get it backdated either so there would be no hurry for them to make a decision.

But that doesn't help us that are worrying and waiting for them to get in touch.   Where did you hear about the report thing and the 17 weeks?

• Posted

I'm also wondering if the longer you wait the better as people who are disallowed it seem to be finding out sooner , just a thought I could be wrong.

It's a shame about your report you asked for it not long after I got mine I remember.

• Posted

Yes - but then they told me it was a backlog and it would be sent out at some point.  Others are being told they are not allowed a copy unless they already have their decision?  Don't know what to believe anymore where the DWP are concerned!  What I do know is I am stressed out with the whole PIP thing and just hope that I do get awarded something because the thought of going through a tribunal petrifies me!

• Posted

I know I feel the same it would be more weeks or months of worry and upset.  I know my report was okay but I'm still worried they'll disallow it for some reason.

• Posted

You could have a point there.  For example, say someone who has been receiving DLA (lower care and mobility) has been assessed for a PIP and it was recommended by the assessor that they should receive enhanced care and mobility for PIP - then it would make sense to the DWP to leave it until the last minute to tell the applicant because the hight rate PIP award would only start from the date of their award.  Meaning that person would stay on the lower DLA payments until they received their PIP award???

For those who are refused PIP, it makes sense for the DWP to tell them asap so they can stop their DLA payment earlier!

• Posted

It is all about saving money and taking money off applicants who they deem not sick enough and holding on to money until the last minute of those who are deemed sicker!
    • Posted

My assesser was really kind and I have a feeling she would have written a good report.  She told me she didnt want to do any physical assessments on me as she knew I wouldn't be able to do them and she hinted on that she knew I would be award points for PIP and would receive help.

• Posted

So we should both try and stay positive and think no news is good news! wink

• Posted

Yeah because I was on low rate care for years but I've got worse so I would get more money on PIP

• Posted

here's one to think about Sukes. (not read all posts yet) my letter stated same as yours sorting b Wolverhampton.

rang them cos it was near bank holiday and getting close to expiry date. eventually spoke to the woman and asked her where she was speaking from Birmingham. said I don't understand. on letter it says wolves. she said yes but the number is Birmingham. WHY? thought nowt else of it till now.

• Posted

No wonder the DWP staff don't all say the same - they probably don't know where they are (or where they are supposed to say they are) when us 'confused' applicant call them!  I'm confused now! wink

• Posted

You cannot ask for an MR until you have your decision but once you do, the DWP are obliged to send you a copy of any information you request which was used to make your decision.  You HAVE to keep on at them, but if your case ends up at tribunal they will have to explain any delay in sending the information if it had any bearing on any part of the procedure. 
    • Posted

See my earlier post regarding the physical assessment. Some claimants are being told by the assessors that the physical exam (called the musculoskeletal exam) is inappropriate for various reasons, and when they get the assessment report, it states they have refused the physical exam and some people have lost points because of it.  The physical exam is your chance to present your physical disability - evidence of limb deformity, muscle wastage etc. Don't waste it and if it gets toward the end of your assessment and you haven't been examined, ask them to do it.

• Posted

New claims are being dealt with as a seperate issue - the migration of DLA is on a managed timetable.  They were expecting to have all DLA claimants migrated by October 2018 and this has now been extended to May 2018.  Your DLA award is irrelevant for migration purposes as the first phase of only migrating fixed term awards etc, has now ended and the migration has been extended to all current DLA claimants regardless of level or length of award.
    • Posted

sorry this should have read October 2017.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.