Dysautonomia caused by benign Tumour

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Dysautomnia after several years of feinting/bradycardia/bowel/eye problems (told nothing wrong for 3 years).

I have also had a 6cm lump on my neck for over 10 years (told it was a benign Lipoma that didnt need removing).

Since the dysautonomia diagnosis I have read that even benign tumours can cause an immune disorder that leads to Dysautonomia. 

Anyone got any thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had 2 lipomas removed age mid 20s so don't worry about that, they are just lumps of fatty tissue. I was diagnosed with Dysautomnia but now back to POTS. The eye problems, fainting and bowel problems may be due to low blood pressure. Are you double jointed? If so look up Hypermobility then POTS UK 
    • Posted

Thanks Pam,

Definately not POTS as my resting HR is 33 and doesnt rise when standing.Im not double jointed. Blood pressure lowish but highly volatile (Baroreflex failure??). I also have auto immune issues with Psoriasis and vitiligo so antibody link makes sense (reaction to a tumour), just hoping to find a cause instead of being constantly told whats its definately not!

• Posted

Oh I know that one for sure! My mother, myself and son have Psoriasis! Mine came in the form of PCOS! However my father gave me hypermobile joints. So I have been misdiagnosed for 66 years until to my horror I realised that I have EDSIII hence the POTS! However I have Sjögren's Hypothroid, PsA Psoriasis and fibromyalgia! Good luck with the Disautomnia? Did you have sepsis or any birth events? If I were you I would make as detailed medical history before you next go! 
    • Posted

Pam -I guess your in uncharted waters with that lot-is it genetic?

I am 49 (male) and was prevously fit and healthy before the lump. 

• Posted

Well that IS the problem. I have a whole host of problems but they are autoimmune and the ratio of female to male is 9/1! I do feel for you guys as even the rheumatologists seem bewildered when it's a guy problem. I think you ought to go back to endercrinology, then to rheumatology and possibly neurology! If your in the UK I suggest UCHLondon may be your best port of call. If you have money or private healthcare there is one multidisciplinary unit again in London. But UCHL accepts NHS patients so if your Dysautomnia is really bad that is the place to be referred to in the UK?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.