Dyshidrotic Eczema From Melatonin!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 32 years old and randomly/ suddenly developed dyshidrotic eczema about a year ago. This has been one of the most frustrating and irritating experiences of my life! Not coincidentally, this started a couple months after I began taking my wife's melatonin to help sleep, as any parent can relate. I'm posting this to help others after solving this 11 month mystery. stop taking melatonin and you'll be cured in a month.

The eczema came in waves. Week 1, bubbles would form under my skin between my fingers and top of palms. Week 2, you cant stop itching and scratching. Week 3, your fingers bleed and swell. Week 4, they begin healing. THEN IT STARTS ALL OVER!

I tried steroid cream, eczema cream, everything. Then one day a colleague mentions her husband has the same symptons after trying melatonin. I'd already switched from every soap, shampoo, etc so what the hell. I stopped taking melatonin and I was cured!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi there i used to take melatonin after i finished the cours i developed eczema on my elbows then my penis started to breackout the doctor told me its HSV and an sure it is herpes but why did i developed a very iretaring skin

• Posted

UPDATE- the melatonin thing was a coincidence. I still get the hand blisters... I'm losing my mind image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.