Dyshidrotic eczema/ pompholyx...this is my experience

Posted , 24 users are following.

So I’m 32 years old, I’ve never had any allergies never had any skin conditions until April 2018. My hands started itching right after they started peeling. And I’m not talking about the epidermis, the skin was so thin my fingers were raw. (I will add pictures) at first I thought it was an allergic reaction but I tried switching everything I thought might be leading up to this and nothing helped. Finally I went to the hospital. They gave me steroids and it’s started to heal. As soon as I stopped the dose it came back ten times worse. It got to the point to where I couldn’t even wash my hair I couldn’t touch anything, my fingers were literally raw. Finally I got a referral to a dermatologist. I went and he diagnosed me with dyshidrotic eczema. I’ve read everything I could possibly find on this condition and everything I read said that (it normally last 3-4 weeks, blisters and itching first then the dry skin then the peeling and that’s all) mine is never ending...blisters and itching, then the dry skin and peeling, and right when it’s starting to heal, it starts all over again. It’s been agony. Long story short in the last three months I’ve been to 7 doctors, the hospital 4 times, and med express 6 times. All with the same result. They all told me they know what it is BUT they don’t know what causes it and there is no cure. The first 6 doctors I went to gave  me steroids. It got to the point that they were making me sick (3 months straight of prednisone 50 mgs) finally I told them I couldn’t take it anymore so they gave me methyltrexate. It did nothing. While I

Was on all these meds I used every cream and ointment you can name....every steroid, every antibiotic. I’ve read the leading cause is stress? If that’s the case it will be a never ending battle, just the pain of my fingers and then feeling it come on again causes stress, not to mention I’m in school and I work as a single mother...has anyone found any relief at all??? Please share.. (pics posted below)

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

*Dyshidrotic Eczema botox injection into my hands 12 weeks apart for 3 rounds expensive but cured * 3 years of pain and discomfort gone. being a nurse it was a nightmare

• Posted

Hi Deborah98826

May I know if there any side effects, or any 'weird' sensations that you may experience daily as a result of taking this injection?

• Posted

ive had Dyshidrotic eczema/ pompholyx for over 25 years. Friend in work has a different type of eczema and said try stopping dairy products which i did and cleared away in a couple of weeks.

worked for me, worth a try.

• Posted

hey jessica,

i have managed to heal my eczema. i have been suffering from dyshidrotic eczema for the past 15 years or so. there was a time when i couldnt remember when i last saw my hands eczema free.

i have been supplementing with vitamin d 2200, zinc 25mg, vitamin e and viramin c for the last 2-3 months.

i take the supplements daily and my eczema is completely gone. i dont know if it's the combination of these vitamins that helped me or just one of them.

• Edited

Hi,

I'm 18 and don't have an official diagnosis but from seeing other peoples images I'm pretty sure i have the same thing. At first i was getting the blisters on the sides of my fingers and then a couple of days later they would disappear and wouldn't come back for weeks sometimes even months. About two years ago I thought i had athletes foot but no matter what i used on it, it wouldn't budge until i realised i was getting the same blisters i had on my hand on my feet. To start with it would come and go but recently i would say for the last 4-6 months I cant shift it, i have waves of severity but there is always some there.imageimage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.