Dysphagia ....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. I was having swallowing difficulties for 3 months. I have done all the tests in Korea except biopsy endo.

These are my symptoms

1) gets full really quick 

2) shortness of breathe

3) throat uncomfortable feels like throat muscle is weakened recently sometimes get choked.

4)  food going down really slow from esophagus

5) have soy, pea, watermelon pollen allergies recent developed and found out..

6) saliva gets stuck on my throat

7) no heart burn but have some tightness on my chest or pressure

Please let me know what you guys think it is... my life is pretty miserable because I was able to eat some what but now my throat issues has developed like I listed above and I am barely eating now.. 

Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go get the endo with biopsies. Getting all the testing is the only way to get to the bottom of it. When my doctor was helping me to figure out what I had one of the things he looked for was Eosinophilic esophagitis, which is an allergic response. I ended up having Achalasia. Given that you have these other known allergies, maybe look into this. He said it is visible during endoscopy but that the doctor would have to be knowingly looking for it and also they biopsy for it as well. There is a lot on the internet about this and different elimination diets and supposedly if it is this it should clear up pretty quick if you stop eating the food(s) you are having the reaction too. So if you have to wait a long time for an endo, you might look into that. Good luck to you!!!!
    • Posted

JW94046 Thanks for taking your time to read my discussion. I am going to have my biopsy tomorrow morning and will be having neck CT scan to see why my throat is not helpping me to swallow. I had a couple incident that I could not swallow my saliva and almost choked myself. Now i have weak swallow at the throat which disturbs me all day. My mouth and jaw muscle seem to get tired really quick and i have to stop eating so often now days..I really want to know what I have so i can have a right treatment instead of taking random ass acid reflux pills. Its kinda funny i've been taking acid reflux pills although i dont have a heart burn most of the time. Eosinophilic esophagitis is something that might be mild compared to achalasia or dysphagia in my opion. I just want to be normal again. It really tough and I decided to submit sick leave from work for while because i have no energy all day... I wish you are well too and i will post when i get the result. 

• Posted

One thing I found today from endo biopsy. They found an obstruction in my esophagus and said it’s an artery compressing. I am glad today they found something because I am getting weak. Body aching, mouth feeling tired from talking eating etc I guess that’s from mal nutrition. I thank God Jesus today like everyday they found something. I had zero acid reflux.
  • Posted

Thankful for you that you got some news at least. Pray for you that is a path you can follow and easy to fix so you can get some relief! I did not mention achalasia earlier to you because I have that and I've never had any throat trouble, it's all been more near the breastbone. What do they recommend next for you?

• Posted

Unfortunately after my ct test he said I don’t have an artery blockage.. I am going to see a different doctor next week. It’s strange that every doctor has different comments over my Manometry test... well this guy is a POEM legend in my country so I should not waste my time this time ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.