Dyspnea or difficult respiration after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I have my GB removed about 1.5 month ago at the moment I have two main problems I'd really appreciate if you help me:

1. Dyspnea or difficult respiration, my breath is too short most of the time and it bothers me a lot.

2. I use contraceptive pill, does my liver produce gallstones again?Thanks in advance

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about first issue but the pill will not reproduce a gall bladder
  • Posted

Hi there,

well #2 is easy, once the gallbladder is gone you shall never reproduce a gall stone!

As to #1 have you been diagnosed with dyspnea if so what is your underlying cause as there are nearly 500 different causes? 

• Posted

Your bile contains too much cholesterol.Normally, your bile contains enough chemicals to dissolve the cholesterol excreted by your liver. But if your liver excretes more cholesterol than your bile can dissolve, the excess cholesterol may form into crystals and eventually into stones.

Your bile contains too much bilirubin. Bilirubin is a chemical that's produced when your body breaks down red blood cells. Certain conditions cause your liver to make too much bilirubin, including liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections and certain blood disorders. The excess bilirubin contributes to gallstone formation.

Your gallbladder doesn't empty correctly. If your gallbladder doesn't empty completely or often enough, bile may become very concentrated and this contributes to the formation of gallstones.i have seen pics of people who have had their gall bladder removed and still have gall stones in other places in there body. i say x rays of this when i was researching it myself.once your gall bladder has gone there are still chances of gall stones. and some people call them liver stones, i hope this helps. i am aware that lots of people believe that the gall stones are made in the gall bladder but they are not, they are caused by the liver. as said above. i hope this helps you . and you can also check this out for your self if you google are gall stones made in the liver and look through a few links. i did copy and past the top part of this post for you to read from a google link. i hope this help. and i hope that this helps. i was on hormone replace ment therapy for 19 years and i'v read that it can cause problems with gall stone as well.as i have great cholesterol and am not overweight. good luck dear. 🌺

• Posted

Thank you for the comments, and how about shortness of breath isthere any reason for that?
    • Posted

hi nassy. i was only able to answer the question you asked about does your liver produce gall stones again after the removal of gall bladder. i dont know about shortness of breath as im just an ordinary person im not a doctor and im waiting to get my gall bladder out myself and have done lots of reading up on it and thats when i read about the liver making the gall stone and if there is no gall bladder there, the stone just lodges somewhere else in the body as i saw a picture of x rays. i will try and find it for you and post it. im not sure about shortness of breath. if you dont smoke and your not overweight, then i dont know what could be causing shortness of breath. i know when i was 5 stone overweight due to medication i was on at the time i was short of breath. im not on that medication now and have lost just over 3 stone's and i stopped smoking as well so feel a bit better in that respect.that post i copied for you is quite hard to understand, i thought so anyway. but it explains things. i do hope you find out about your shortness of breath. i wish you well dear. i hope i did not complicate things with that long post.

i did read up on dyspnea, and it says you should seek medical attention, you can go to google and type dyspnea into the search box and it will give you a lot of information. does your doctor know that your suffering from this. and what does he/she have to say about it. look after your self dear and go to the doctor if you have not been already and see what they  say about it. all my kindest regards to you nassy. let us know how you get on,, we are all here for each other,❤️💐

• Posted

Hi nassy had my GB surgery a year ago.got 3 scars 1 from belly button up.an 2 on right side.they were clamps i got infection..took few months 3 at most.at 1st i felt ok.then bowel probs.breathing problems.dr said i was starting non alcoholic cirohsis.well ive had more probs since mine been out.but i was nauseated 24/7 before Op.I have to agree with you.alot of people dont feel good after surg. an yes ur liver will produce an go on as usual. contracept.arent doing this. was this a bad opration exp.for you.or your 1st.? you may have some anxiety.and if u had anesthesia. you cld be having after affects.alot of people cant take it.did or do you have any liver prob? Hoping you feel better. mine .had a bad effect on me .after.i cant breath but it is anxiety.
  • Posted

Nassy, how are you doing now?

Wast the shortness of breath because it hurt you to breathe deeply.

You do need to be careful that you are using your lungs fully after surgery.

All the Best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.