dysthymia “chronic depression “

Posted , 5 users are following.

any one here with dysthymia is chronic depression i never been on medication for it because i m scared of getting bad though and bad reaction side effects should i try antidepressants ? just wounder because i m fighting this without medication at all i wounder if medication will make it easier for me to continue fighting****

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes definitely. I take an antidepressant as well as anxiety medication and both are very helpful. I still cycle around though and have bouts of depression where everything caves in even my physical well being. I am just starting to be able to identify this dip in my condition which used to go unnoticed by me. I have been diagnosed bipolar and am now starting to be able to identify the cyclic nature of this disorder. I take a tiny dose of Seroquel for this. Unfortunately I can't take any higher doses of anti-psych drugs because they cause my tendonitis to act up.

• Posted

thank you for the information i m just scared of getting suicidal thoughts or doing something wrong or scared that they wont work or make me worst maybe this are just my fears cause by my anxiety ocd and depression but i really want to try for the first time i just want to know if it will help me because i m fighting depression my self i dont have issue with anxiety because i control that with therapy but depression i fight it so hard and i keep relapsing 😕 maybe if i take meds it wont happen that much

• Posted

Hi yes I suffer from this too. Throughout my life I have had spells where my depression worsens and have needed ad's and or therapy and they have helped quite a bit. I recommend you try this route too. x

• Posted

thanks i will talk with my therapist about this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.