Dystonia remission??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was never diagnosed with dystonia but my older brother was and me and one of my younger brothers had the same exact symptoms as he does. I say did because I haven't had an episode with dystonia since before I was pregnant with my daughter three and a half years ago. It started when I was 23 and I was teaching pre-school. We would have story time and I would sit in the floor to read to the kids and when I would get up my right arm would draw up toward my face, my hand would draw up so much at times that I felt like it was going to break my hand, and my mouth would open and make my jaw draw to one side. It was weird and would happen any time I would get up and down out of the floor or when I would get out of my car. I didn't worry too much because at that age I pretty much still thought I was invincible and just saw it as more of a nuisance than anything.

One day I was talking to two of my brothers and they described the things happening to them and we all were shocked because we had the exact same thing going on. My oldest brother went to the doctor and was diagnosed with mild dystonia. Mine never got any worse through the years since it first started 14 years ago, and actually went away 3 1/2 years ago but both of my brothers continue to have it.

My question is, has anyone had their dystonia go into remission and if so, do you still have any symptom from time to time? And do you ever get weird symptoms like facial twitching and numbness and tingling?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It seems you have blood flow issues. Work out and exercise your muscles, and work on heart function.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.