E-Cigarettes...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I quit smoking last year and have managed to stay a quitter, But i seem to have fallen prey to ecigs and im not sure if its a good thing or not. Has anyone else used them or experienced any negative effects from them? I seem to be chuffing away on mine every day now, Almost as if ive replaced one bad thing for another!

Cheers

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My friend has been on them for over a year, she feels better for it. They dont have the horrid chemicals that cigs contain, so certainly cant be worse for you.
  • Posted

Hi Ash, I swapped over to eCigs just over a year ago. Had never been a heavy smoker (10-20 a day) but after 40 + years on the 'real' thing, I thought my health deserved better. For the first three months I noticed no real difference. I swim about 1KM most weekdays before work in 30 minutes. But after about 4-5 months I realised that i was swimming faster and more vigourously and that improvement continues . So, healthwise I would definitely say that eCigs, if you are addicted to nicotine, are a great improvement on the conventional type. I can easily swim 25m underwater which I think is some sort of testament to my fitness level. And of course, there is the financial factor - they don't hurt your pocket to the same extent - no-where near. As far as I have experienced, the downside is that, because of their ease of use, for me they have become a bit of a 'comforter' and I know that I puff more than I should but I suppose that's the addictive nature of nicotine. At any rate, they don't apparently  do your health any harm - unless there is a long-term  side effect yet to be revealed. At this point it seems that you have swapped one really bad thing for something which although maybe not good certainly will do you much less harm.Good luck and good health 
  • Posted

I switched from using a e-cig liquid to a non nicotine liquid ( without proplene glycol ) and only take the occasional puff. Nicotine is so very addictive that the first week i was climbing the walls! but I got through it. If I can kick it you can !
  • Posted

Hi Ash!

I gave up smoking 3-4 years ago and was recommended to try ecigs as i found giving up v difficult and I've been 'vaping' ever since! I've now just started trying e liquids as i was attracted by all the different flavours!! I think it's a personal thing; i know there are no long term cilnical trials to show if it is harmful but to my mind it can't be as harmful as smoking real cigarettes. It's stopped me smoking real cigarettes but I realise I am still a nicotine addict..this was proved to me recently when i ran out of supplies and i got quite irritable when i couldn't get a proper 'drag' on my e cig!!! I know what you're saying about swapping one bad habit for another but if it stops us smoking real cigarettes with all the carcinogens and nasty chemicals..then i think that's fine. The government will inevitably clamp down on e cig manufacturers and sales of e cigs because they don't make any money out of vapers!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.