E-CIGS PG/VG

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE BEST RATIO FOR THE PERCENTAGE OF PG/VG  BEST IN E-LIQUIDS. THERE IS SUCH A VAST AMOUNT AND I DONT KNOW IF THE PG IS BEST HIGHER PERCENTAGE WISE AS I HAVE HEARD THE VG IS THICKER IN SUBSTANCE. I WAS GOING TO TRY THE 80%PG/20%VG OR 70%PG/30% VG IF ANYONE KNOWS FOR SURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Far as I know, Margaret, it just depends what kind of vaping you want to do. VG is thicker .. and produces more 'smoke', whereas the degree of PG in a 'juice' determines the strength of 'hit' you get at the back of the throat. ie .. the greater the PG percentage, the better the 'hit'.

I personally prefer PG .. and tend to leave all those huge plumes of steam to the men ..who, men being men,  appear to make a huge 'competition' out of who can produce the most. (smile)

So I think it's just a matter of choice.

• Posted

You want a higher veg,pg is what makes you caugh,  actually they both do bu pg is worse.  It also causes cancer when heated.  Some flavours are more dangerous than others such as cherry,almond etc...if you can't stop gapping try just holding the vapper in your mouth not inhaling.  I tried vaping and gave it up way to much caughing and it hurt my throught and chest.  Read the New England medical journal about pg.  

• Posted

It looks like the tests done confirmed when pg is heated it turns into furmaldihide, not sure on the spelling I really got to start proof reading, and this spell check is something else.
    • Posted

doesnt seem to hurt my throat and dont know what furmaldihide is, i was just going by the VG liquid being thicker so therefor thought would be worse for making me breathless. i only use the tabacco flavours dont like fruity ones and dont like the huge puffs everywhere its making folk hate the e-cigs because of The nutters in clouds of it looks awfull
  • Posted

Formaldahyde It is mainly used in the production of industrial resins, e.g., for particle board and coatings.

In view of its widespread use, toxicity, and volatility, formaldehyde poses a significant danger to human health.[12] In 2011, the US National Toxicology Program described formaldehyde as "known to be a human carcinogen.

It is also used in embalming dead bodies as a form of preservative.

Not a nice substance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.