E coli in urine and testicle pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I ve testicular pain and mild urine symptoms from 7 months i didn't took it serious but recently doctor done urine culture and found e coli in urine and after that he gave me antibiotics for 30 days .. i ve been talking medicine for 20 days pain and urine symptoms reduced but still have mild symptoms ..how long it will take to cure it completely and is it possible to completely eradicate e coli and im taking cipro ..some said it has horrible side effects?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It should be clear when you have finished all the Cipro, yes there are side effects with any drug, call your Doctor if you have any or just to ease your mind, you can also ask your pharmacy.
    • Posted

I heard about chronic bacterial prostatitis ? But i dont have pain in that area only pain is testicle and my ultrasound also come normal? So i can consider that i don't have prostatitis

• Posted

If you’ve taken the medicine for 20 days I think you’d have felt any side effects individual to you by now. They aren’t inevitable. I don’t get side effects with the antibiotics I’ve had. You may be lucky like me.
    • Posted

I heard about chronic bacterial prostatitis ? But i dont have pain in that area only pain is testicle and my ultrasound also come normal? So i can consider that i don't have prostatitis

• Posted

I took cipro..I was sick..But I found out I was taking 1000mg a day. Which was too much. 250mg twice w day for 7 days is the norm..After keep taking something . But definitely take probiotics for your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.