E s a medical

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive just had my e s a medical and I have been put into the work related one I feel this is so wrong as at the moment I have difficulty standing due to severe pain running down my left side from my hip to my foot when I stand within a minute my leg feels like it is on fire and the pain becomes unbearable I also suffer from pro lapsed discs and suffer from guilliame barre at the moment I am on high levels of morphine so I am unable to drive but I also take diazapam grape repenting among other meds I barely sleep at night and during the day I'll I do is sleep I have daughters who come into throughout the day checking I'm ok and they do everything for me I'm having to go to my first meeting in the 21st but I'm very worried at how I will get there as I cannot stop taking the morphine I believe I can appeal any advice would be helpful

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine, sorry to hear you have been put in the WRAG. I have my assessment on 5th November, and am so hoping to be put in the support group. I can recommend a website called benefitsandwork. You can just google it. They have a lot of helpful advice about the appeals process, and although too late for you now, they advise about the way to word your replies when filling in forms for PIP, and ESA, and also the face to face assessments. I would definitely look into appealing; good luck x
    • Posted

thats brillant thank you so much jeanne its not that im bothred about the group i have been put in its just that ifeelthey have at the moment got it wrong i am hoping thingxs are going to be sorted when i can have an operation on my spine for the prolasped discs that may take some of the pain away and i can then come off the morphine its a real pain and hard work getting people to acompany me to various test and examination but i will look at that site

• Posted

I am going the same nightmare with the DWP who said I was fit for work after a serious shoulder operation Although I have given them sick notes from my doctor and surgeon. They have based their ridiculous decision on the assessment done a month before the operation I did appeal through a Mandatory reconsideration and they have still said I should be working.I gave a job waiting once I am fit enough. They out me through hell and alit of unnevessary stress as I have also had Fibromyalgia for 8 years. I have already been awarded PIPS for two years and ESA are the same department it us a joke! I have told my local MP about this crazy system.
    • Posted

Yeah it's mental I waiting on operation on my spine among other things I take 60mg of slow realising morphine a day and 5mls of liquid morphine four times a day for the pain I am in I can barely stand up never mind drive or commit to any type of work I have worked all my life since leaving school as well as bringing up seven children and this is how we are treated I know there are people who abuse the system and if I was a self inflicted alcoholic I would automatically have the right to the support group I know my doctor will write me a letter but I'm not holding my breath also I recieved my letter of details and they are even more confusing my money has gone up slightly but the way you read it it says I will receive a payment of so much each week from September of this year to December and yet as I am the one through my contribution of tax extra it clearly states that I am allowed to claim for a year my god I am so bogged down and becoming very depressed I am not used to sitting around the house waiting for people to come to help me and it's so harsh
    • Posted

I totally understand how you feel.I am very angry at how they treat us. It seriously needs reviewing.The ATOS assessment is utterly irrelevant to some cases like mine for one.I am more in need of ESA now. I am hoping my letter to the MP gets through to Mr Ian Duncan Smith. The mistakes that are being made our hard to believe. All we do is ask for help when we seriously need it and we are entitled to it .but these bullies in DWP think other wise and feel they know more than our doctors and surgeons!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.