Ear and jaw aches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies have any of you ever experience ear ache that aches from the ear to under the jaw grrrrrr its horrible please tell me its not another symptom of this awful menopause

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I do get this, I grind my teeth during my sleep so I just put it down to that but it's only something I've done during my peri years (6 so far!!) so there could be a link xx
  • Posted

Hi Monique,

Yes I do get this too. It happens before my period. Really tight neck, shoulders, Jaw and ear pain. I also have a mouth guard from the dentist because I grind my teeth at night. These perimenopause symptoms are endless aren't they. I am suffering from extreme fatigue right now, I think it's because I wake up every morning with intense anxiety that lasts about 4 hours then I guess my body finally relaxes and I'm exhausted after that. Can't wait for this to be all over. I'm taking a ton of vitamins and supplements and eating really healthy, hopefully this will end soon. Have a good day and I'm sorry for your ear and jaw ache

Debbie

• Posted

Yes ma'am you are so right about being exhausted after the anxiety wears off you almost feel like you have the flu or something that's how tired and aching your body is and you're right I can't wait til this is over
  • Posted

Well, I do have these sharp pains time to time. smile not very pleasant. I also sometimes have sore ears. Just outside of the entire ear felt sore as if it has been exposed to some bashing. sad Glorious peri!
  • Posted

Yes I get terrible earache , deep ear pain aswell and my jaw feels very tender it so horrible. Not blocked just painful. I bought some Ear Calm from the chemist, it helps a bit xx
    • Posted

It's a little spray bottle and you put one spray in whichever ear, it's a pump. It's quite expensive at £7 but worth a go and it does cool and calm xx
  • Posted

Unfortunately, anything you say and complain about will be held against you while going through menopause. Thereby, reminding you that if you grind your teeth, even if you never did before, and you do now, it will cause pain in your ear, jaw, neck, under the ear or behind it. Good day.
  • Posted

i find i grind my teeth too,,,,both jaws are clamped together a lot - is it a vitamin deficiency or digestive issue ?
    • Posted

Neither. It's caused by stress and anxiety, the very thing we're experiencing with peri/menopause. Otherwise, if you've done it all your life, it's from a crooked bite, or crooked teeth or missing teeth.
    • Posted

Thank you Pat.....always appreciate your replies. 

ive noticed i do it now. never before

• Posted

My dentist suggested me using warm wheat wraps around my chin&jaw are for about 5-10minutes before going to sleep to relax the muscles. I try my best to do this some night. But of course I can't tell since I must be doing it while I am deep in sleep.
  • Posted

Hi lovely ladies. As you all know I've connected with many doctors to get the most information during this stage in life. One such technique was given to me by a doctor I worked for many years ago. One day in conversation with him about getting a filling, I explained that I also grind my teeth, that the idea of having a mouth guard was not something I was going to use so I opted not to get one made because another mouth guard I had just sat in my drawer, so he suggested this;

Take a wine cork put it between your teeth for about 10-15minutes. This technique causes the jaw muscles to relax and helps relieve tension in your overall face. Now I did this a twice a day until I felt the joints and muscles relax, and if it was still stiff the first time I'd wait about 10 minutes and do it again, until I felt my jaw was no longer clenching, and felt more relaxed.

When you first do it, you will want to bite hard on the cork, I say go ahead it won't break. The more you clench on it in the beginning the looser the muscles will become, because biting it releases the stress or tension you've got build up.

How to place the cork between your teeth, at first I put it between my molars, but I had to cut the cork down, it worked good for me because my grinding was giving me TMJ pain. But then a doctor came out on national television and showed how to put it between your front teeth the long way across your mouth. As if you were putting a pencil between your teeth. I started doing it that way and of course it was better. But whatever works for you.

I can't promise it works for everyone but I am a lifetime grinder so if it worked for me it may work for you.

Well, Iovely ladies I hope this helps some of you if you opt to use it. Use the power of the cork to relieve your mouth clenching and jawline tension. Have a great day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.