Ear and throat pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

anyone experiencing ear and throat pain? Not sore throat . Having aching pains in ears and throat .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am having bad right ear pain and an irritated throat. I think i have an ear infection ive had them before.

Just something else to add to how rubbish i already feel x

• Edited

I would have to say where in your throat, high by your jaw? or in the middle? I get ear pain, and jaw pain now I am having throat pain right under my right jaw. Almost my jaw but between my chin and my jaw. No sore throat. I am halfway through a strong antibiotic for a potential abscess tooth that I am getting a root canal on Tuesday.

Did not have this issue before antibiotics and the tooth isn't on the bottom. Almost feels like a gland. I had an appt with my nurse practitioner yesterday late afternoon for other issues and I mentioned this pain. She didn't seem concerned. I suggested maybe tmj, because I have been getting jaw pain on right side and cheek pain and my jaws are tight Her response was like she didn't even hear me. It was Friday afternoon she just wanted to go home. I think she has labelled me a hypochondriac. So I am angry and worried which makes everything worse.

I am sorry you are going through this. I would suggest if it continues to see your doctor or go to an urgent care/clinic to see what they say.

• Posted

Same problem, right side of throat, rear tooth and jaw pain. Came on all of a sudden., I don't talk to my doctor either, I told my GP of menopause symptoms, and it was like I was trying to frustrate him on purpose...he ended the conversation. So as they say I suffer in silence. He looked at me in such a angry like way. Looking for another doctor.

• Posted

I am experiencing this right now also, and like you do not dare talk to my family doctor. My first attempt to talk to her concerning post menopause I was immediately shut down. She is still a young woman with plenty of estrogen at this point and does not understand, but I thought to myself, her day will come. So sad we are treated this way during this awful phase of life. Prayers for you.

GOD Bless

• Posted

Hi Vicky, I am having this issue right now to but it is my TMJ acting up. The soreness is in my Cheek and Jaw but my right Ear is also aching. It feels full of Fluid. My face is also swollen a little bit on my right side. It is uncomfortable to say the least but only lasts for 2 or 3 days. I hope you get answers soon! It sounds like it could be TMJ...

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

TMJ is inflammation of the Jaw muscles and Tendons. It is caused by grinding your Teeth, mostly in your sleep. Treatment is Steroids for the Inflammation but it is not curable. Some Dentists will suggest a Mouth Guard to wear at night but that is about all you can do. Most People find out they have it because it mimics an Ear Infection or a Bad Tooth.

• Edited

i had it. and still do occasionally. Mine is caused by lpr. you can look it up and see if it sounds like what you have.

• Edited

just looked at the symptoms and mine are exactly that !! peoblem is when you google it gives you worse scenerio and thats what worries me all the time x

• Posted

girl i know it! just try changing your diet up some and give it a couple of weeks and see if it gets better. i kind of figured out what kinds of food bothered mine and just stopped eating them. Then when i start eating them again it starts back up. there is a book called the acid watchers diet and for me it was coffee, chocolate, anything tomato based and certain nuts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.