Ear blocked , no pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

2 weeks ago my ear got blocked so I used earwax for few days and then washed is with water bought in pharmacy.That not helped so I went to surgery to synergie that ear but I was told that it might be infection and received antibiotic ear drops.

That nothing changed.Still my ear is blocked , there is this hissing sound in my ear but no ear pain at all.Can one have ear infection without pain? Should I just go again and ask for ckeaning my ear from wax?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello, do you definitely know that's it's wax that's blocking your ear, or could

you be suffering ETD ?

Never put water down your ears....worse thing for blocking !!  Also sounds

as though you have tinnitus

Anne

• Posted

I have never ear infection beford so I cant compare but I used to have blocked ear.

I am not sure what is ETD?

Yes I have this hissing in my ear and all these is very disturbing.

• Posted

Hello again,

ETD is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.  Our tubes stick together from too

much mucus being in them.  Sometimes due to colds, sinusitis and allergies.

Very hard to get under control without the correct medication.

For Tinnitus it's recommended we take 300 mg of Magnesium daily.

Hope this is helful

Anne

• Posted

I appreciate every advice.Thank you so much.

I will look for magnesium just now.Does it realky helo?

• Posted

Check out eustation tube disfunction. Iv got same symptoms along with more..
    • Posted

I dis the excersise to check the tube and I could hear opening.

I assume that it is good sign.

• Posted

Yes, when it opens it alleviates some of the pressure. Between doin that and flonase Nasal drops, mine is so much better..some days I still have some issues but other days much better..hope it helps..
  • Posted

Nadal spray not drops..
    • Posted

Yes I am using nasal spray.I still have that feeling that if my ear would be clean from wax it would help.

Last time when I had block ear nurse said that she does not see any wax but she rinsed it and tbere was wax and the problem was solved.this time she did not want to rinse my ear even if all looked the same.

That is why I wonder if it is just bloked ear from wax.

• Posted

If she can't see any wax, there probably isn't any, unless it's further down and actually

sticking onto your eardrum.  Maybe you need to see an ENT consultant for him to be

able to see better with a strong light.

Anne

• Posted

I just wanted update my post.

I saw my GP and she said there is no infection in my ear now , tiny bit of wax only which should not cause problems but she was not able to see completely the end of canal so she refered me to ENT doctor.She mention something that drum might be perforated but could not say for sure .And as my ear is still half blocked and hissing is still there they have to check it.

I also have one question:

I suppose to fly on my holidays in April.Is it allowed to fly if there are problems with drum or ear in general?

• Posted

Many do. I'd take an antihistamine b4 hand, nasal spray and get ya some of those ear plugs for flying..u shud be fine. .wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.