Ear discomfort, 5 years running. ENT says nothing wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had this ear discomfort for at least 5 years in my left ear. It feels like something is there right ehere the inner ear and nose meet. Nasal sprays and ear drops give temporary relief but nothing permanent. ENT doctor says everything is fine, even stuck the camera up into my sinuses and found nothing but I know somethings up. Any ideas? Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi , IM Reece and im a 17 year old female. I've had the exact same problem for about 3 weeks. I went to the ENT yesterday and they couldn't find anything. He subscribed nasal spray but it doesn't work. My guess is that the eustachian tube is blocked ,not allowing any sound to travel to your middle ear.

• Posted

Can you explain the ear discomfort - does anything make it worse or better? Does your ear feel full or blocked? Do you clean your ears with cotton bud every few weeks? Can you try washing your ears out or putting wax softening drops in incase there is a hair in there that is irritating the canal. Could it be referred pain from your teeth/grinding or back and neck?
  • Posted

I'm having something similar on my right ear. Its like a pressure, this happened after a vestibular problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.