ear eczema

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have seborrhoiec ear eczema which keeps getting infected. It is very itchy and dry.  Olive oil makes it worse.  I have tried some other eczema creams but this has caused balance problems.  Can anyone suggest what I could use long-term instead of olive oil?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

From my experience no oil is good seb derm is overgrowth of yeast and has something to do with good bacteria bad bacteria and good yeast bad yeast and yeast like to thrive in oily wet environments so I would stick to hydrocortisone 2.5 percent or elidel cream or tacrolimus which on nonnsteroidal anti inflammatory creams ca channel blockers that are less potent for face ears neck etc . I took Bactrim antibiotics which helped balance the colony's on my skin I guess and if you want some home remedies I've heard apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil although I did not have much luck with those in my face also alevycin gel non steroidal brand for sebor derm

• Posted

Try rosehip oil or sesame seed oil, I would try all the natural oils and hopefully youl find one that suits, if there to oily for you skin you could try adding just a little to a moisturiser, unfortunately it's trial and error but I hope you find one that works for you, good luck 😊

• Posted

Also sonafine is an emulsion that helps healing non steroidal and need prescription but it's a healing cream that wont cause overgrowth of bacteria yeast

• Posted

I have intense itching in one of my ears and have tried cortisone cream, ear calm and ear drops and usually get some relief but then it returns.  At the moment I am using olive oil but it doesn't help much. Would appreciate any ideas to help.

• Posted

I have the same.  I soak an ear bud with vinegar and coat the ear with the vinegar after showering to kill any yeast/fungus.  Do it without scratching though as that causes the yeast to take off.  When that's dry I use Vaseline to coat the ear.  I've been told not to use Vaseline but I find it stops the eczema itch, which stops me scratching, which stops skin damage and infection!

• Posted

I was diagnosed eczema, but wrongly. Had itchy ear(also some in palate & throw) ( and pain)for many years (10+). Seen many doc/ent-doc, all unsuccess.

Also tried many remedies ( panotile, auricularum, offlocet, zymox, and many other...all unsuccess.

6month ago i used parapharmacy oplantamednaturo phyto treatment for 1 week. Worked godd for me, no more itch, all gone. Maybe it can help others, last resort. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.