Ear feels blocked or like I'm on a airplane and they need to be popped.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just turned 28, healthy female, I had a concussion last month and had times where i felt like i had vertigo. It has all passed and I'm feel alot better. Last night, I fell asleep on my couch, and woke up with my ear feeling like it needed to be popped. i couldn't get it to, I then start to feel pressure in my ear, not painful, just uncomfortable. there are times where it will pop a little, then feel like it needs to be popped again, it constantly feels like this.. It feels the same this morning. i went into the e.r who wrote of congestion, but i dont feel congested, i do have bad allergies. im just a little worried now. any opinions? i have a app with mt primary doc. anything i should ask for test to have her check for?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

It could be anything.. leftover from vertigo, concussion, etc.. As we age my doctor told me that allergies get worse as it seems like I'm having sinus problems more and more. If you continue to have this blocked ear-- get it checked out by an ear doctor. They can do several tests. My husband has had a blocked ear on and off since last summer. He has had multiple tests and nothing has come up which I think is a good sign. He is very anxious as a person so I have noticed that when he is more stressed and can't sleep or even angry--- his ear problems are worse.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for replying.. I've noticed sense I turned 28 my body has become.. "different" I'm from California, and now live in Ohio, where the climate is totally different and i pretty much experience allergies all year around at this point.. i sometimes get sharp pains in my ear, that I've wrote off as just irritation due to me excessively rubbing bc they itch inside. I can relate to your husband, i have really bad anxiety.. i have it really bad, which im sure makes things worse for me.. the e.r doc. however, did give me allergy medicine for congestion, do you think itst worth taking or should i wait for my PCP app today? i do think it could also be from my concussion, i did feel a bit like my head was spinning when i woke up. is there anything your husband does to help?

• Edited

I have no idea what helps him.. I just asked and he barked (harmless but barked). I know that he has been to so many doctors and they prescribed different things like z-pac and he says it doesn't help. Same with gadgets online and Debrox for ear wax-- doesn't help.He has tried a chriopractor too which you should try and acupunture too.. It could release something prehaps or even a massage around the neck. Hubby also started with headaches so not sure it's related. But one Dr prescibed an antidepressant and it helped with calmness and the pain he said he had but for whatever reason he stopped. Now he is trying gabapentin when the pain is bad.. Again, I believe it's his anxiety and if he would just stick with something, it would help all around. Best of luck at finding something that works for you!!

• Posted

funny you mentioned chiropractor chiropractor and acupuncture. my bf advised me to find one.. hmm you have my mind going, i get very bad migraines as well.. and im laughed at "barked" I know exactly what you mean, i got a chuckle from that. lol but thank you so much for the advice. my pcp didnt do much, she ordered some blood work, and im positive everything will come back negative as always.. i will definitely look into a chiropractor in acupuncture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.