ear fullness/ache. is this another wonderful symptom??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I've had blocked ears for a while now but they seem to get worse when my other reflux symptoms do. This morning my ear has gone from blocked to sore and it feels a little tender around my ear (at the bottom, just behind my jaw). Because my ears have been blocked I have probably been poking and prodding my ears a bit to see if I can clear them buy I didn't think it was enough to make it hurt. Does anyone else get this? I'm wondering if the reflux has blocked my sinuses to a point where it's now caused an infection? Every day I seem to have another symptom pop up!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I think this is another symptom. My left ear sometimes feels sore and wet inside! I also get pain going down the side of my neck too!! The joys eh?!x
    • Posted

That's exactly the same as me. It almost feels like I've gotten water in my ear and its gradually coming out (like after swimming) but I know I haven't gotten any water in there. My reflux symptoms do seem to be pretty high up (less heartburn, more sore throat, nasal congestion etc) so I think it's affecting my sinuses as well. Argh!

• Posted

I don't get the heart burn, but phlegm throat, sore throat, wet ear, sometimes I find it hard to swallow because of the phlegm! Gross I know!

• Posted

Reading your post, I have only just realised that my wet and sometimes sore ears may, like you, have something to do with my Reflux....maddening!!
  • Posted

I  have had the same symptom recently and went to get ears checked. One doctor said i had a viral infection which antibiotics wouldnt help and another has said its a bacterial infection and gave me antibiotics. I have just finished 4 weeks of pills and it is better but not completely. I get alot of vertigo through it aswell and also wonder if all of my symptoms are connected although at the moment my reflux isnt bad. The trouble is doctors these days dont take the time to piece together all your symptoms.

I would go and get your ears checked to be on the safe side

• Posted

Yep I have similar problems - the ENT who diagnosed LPR hasn't made the connection! He has suggested nasal sprays and said if the post nasal drip was bothering me too much I could have some nerves cut? No thanks! Don't know what the cure is - only to keep to a strict diet and meds regime to maybe keep to a minimum

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.