Ear fullness, headaches, flu like symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi ladies it's me again I have posted here before about my headaches. but lately I have been feeling sick kind of like flu symptoms but no fever. I feel tired, weakness in legs, trouble sleeping, my ears feel plugged. I thought it was cold, been taking cold remedies and allergy medicine but nothing seems to be working. I have missed last period but not pregnant, are these symptoms peri related? I have anxiety, under high stress lately, just turned 40 but feel like I'm 60. I can't deal with this peri crap anymore.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

I'm thinking it DEFINATELY could be. Hormones do crazy things to us ladies! I too have felt like a cold, tired, dizziness, sore throat with weird feeling in my ears. This is my 4th month feeling this way. Dr says stress.....i think menopause or Perimenopause. I am 51. take no meds and up until 4 months ago felt perfectly fine. Hope this helps....feel better soon..

• Posted

I am 42 and have been dealing with the same thing for over a year now...maybe even two years. It comes and goes. No rhyme or reason...although when it does come it is usually a lot worse around my cycle or middle of the month. no clue! praying it does away and never comes back. I hate it. you're not alone.

• Edited

You are not alone, sorry you feel so unwell. Yes it is the perimenopause. Since yesterday I am having the exact symptoms, feel my nose and sinus is blocked, really bad headache, my eyes is burning like I'm having a fever, nausea, missed period this month, but this morning all my symptoms went away but now come evening its back.

I've been in peri since 43years old, I'm 53now. It comes and goes. Still having periods that also comes and goes. Peri also raises my BP sometimes. It starts with a headache, I am on low dose BP meds, So I keep monitoring and jotting down everything and every symptoms I get on my laptop. It helps as you know what is happening and what days/date it happens, As I get different symptoms at different time of months. I think I've got over 50 different ones, Some months I'm also symptoms free. It's bliss. I'm not sure when this is gonna end but I try to just go with the flow of things and ride with it..

• Posted

I've also seen different doctors about my symptoms but they say it's stress.. Lol..

• Posted

I think it's due to stress.. There has been days that my ears are clogged but once I'm up and about, I'm fine. However, my spouse has high anxiety (much worse than me and can stress me out easily) so about a month or more ago, he felt sick. I thought just a cold with ears clogged so he took OTC meds. Nothing helped so he went to Dr after Dr after Dr.. they each gave him different meds so he would take them stop and then take again.. I know BIZARRE but that's him. So anyways the ear clogging never went away!! He recently saw 2 ENT doctors-- the one mentioned more testing to figure it out and use a heating pad to help with pain and take 800mg of IB profens.. He still has this and now is complaining about his jaw hurting.. He is highly stressed all the time so my guess is he is clenching his jaw at night... He has aniexty meds but won't take them for whatever reason... Good luck and hope it goes away soon.

• Edited

Yes these all r Peri symptoms..me too suffering with them from last year 😭

i have sore throat and headaches too along with Heavyness in head and having drunk feeling full day without drinking .

Head Pressure is constant for me from last year 😭 which make me home bound

Waiting for good days.

Hang is there.

Take care dear

• Posted

I know how you feel. I have been waking up the past few days with ear stuffiness, weak wobbly/stiff legs, gastritis flare ups, pins and needle feelings in feet and arm. Of course my anxiety wants to kick into overdrive. School started back for both my kids, one just beginning middle school, the other first grade. I'm trying to find a job because we need the extra income. We are living with a relative and need our own place. But how can I work with all of these crazy symptoms? It's no wonder why I am under so much stress! Only God can help me!

• Posted

I know how you feel. I have been waking up the past few days with ear stuffiness, weak wobbly/stiff legs, gastritis flare ups, pins and needle feelings in feet and arm. Of course my anxiety wants to kick into overdrive. School started back for both my kids, one just beginning middle school, the other first grade. I'm trying to find a job because we need the extra income. We are living with a relative and need our own place. But how can I work with all of these crazy symptoms? It's no wonder why I am under so much stress! Only God can help me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.