Ear fullness & temporary muffled hearing that suddenly comes and goes

Posted , 1 user is following.

For a couple of years now, I have had sudden problems with my ears. Usually, my ears would suddenly feel full and I’d have a very clear, high pitched ringing that would phase out, as if someone is turning the volume down. This would all happen in a matter of 10-20 seconds. Every time I swallow, my ears also pop a little, there is definitely something inside my ear that will pop or make some sort of popping noise.

Lately, I have not had the high pitched ringing noise. Although I have had the full feeling in both ears and muffled hearing temporarily. I have noticed my hearing isn’t as good as it used to be, but I am only 21! sad 

I have been to the doctors about this once before as I had an episode where it didn’t go away the one time and I could barely hear a thing clearly all night and the next morning, everything was amplified but still muffled. Then suddenly my ears were back to normal! I have not had this since. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice or just hearing what other people go through will be comforting for me. I do plan on seeing the doctor again if it does keep on happening, but I do not want to go for them to say my ears look fine as they did last time! As that does not help me sad

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.